1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've decided i'm going to wear a pride necklace when I go away with (read)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChloeKiss, Jun 13, 2014.

1. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

The one friend who knows I am a Lesbian. We will be going somewhere noone will know me.. and even if I run into someone I know I can say I support gays or something. Anyway.. I've only found one necklace I think I like. It's a pendant. I don't like the rainbow jewellery I see but i've found this:

Lesbian Pride Womens Symbol Stainless Steel Carbon Fibre Pendant | eBay

Do you guys think it will be enough to show I am a Lesbian? I want to wear it because I think it will make me stronger/braver to get the courage to come out of the closet completely. What do you guys think?

2. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

I very recently have started to do this with a bracelet. If it helps boost your confidence bit by bit at a time then it is worth it! If someone asks and you're uncomfortable being open you can say it's to support others until you feel ready :slight_smile: I am bad at jewelry but I think it is lovely!

3. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Thank you so much :slight_smile: (*hug*)

4. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

I have a rainbow bracelet and it easily gets passed over by people who aren't gay. It makes me feel proud to be myself, instead of hiding away as something I'm not. That's actually a really cool necklace. I would definitely do it if I were you.

5. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Yeah i've decided I will get it.

I moreso just want to have it around my neck so I know that i'm a little bit closer to reaching that coming out goal. Thanks.

6. AlamoCity

At first glance, the symbols reminded me of a globus cruciger. That said, the necklace seems quite understated. If that's the effect you're going for, then it's great. However, if you want something that more prominently tells others you're a lesbian, I'd suggest something with rainbow colors.

But since you already decided to get it, I suggest you wear it for a while to test the waters and maybe later try something bolder if you're not getting the effect you desire.

7. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Thank you that's a great idea :slight_smile: I just really like the look of this necklace compared to others i've seen.

8. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I just bought a rainbow pearl necklace. I feel confident when wearing it. Hoping other gay people will notice. The only place I worry about wearing it is at work. I haven't worn it there yet but when I do, if someone asks I'll just say I thought it was pretty. If that's the necklace you want, get it:slight_smile:

9. Sarah2695

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have two gay pride rings that I wear on both hands. They are great:slight_smile:

10. SkylarRain

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yea anything that helps you feel comfortable.

11. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Thanks guys I really appreciate the replies! :slight_smile: