1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When you tell someone you like him/her and they're not attracted to you... do you..?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by edy, Jun 14, 2014.

1. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Do you feel like you "lost" something, like you only elevate this person's ego and you received nothing in return? do you feel like a loser? Do you talk to them after you showed your emotions?

do you feel at a disadvantage? do you feel like you wasted your time? do you regret showing them what you feel after they said no?

#1 edy, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Re: When you tell someone you like him/her and they're not attracted to you... do you

I feel all of those things you listed

3. awesomeness

Re: When you tell someone you like him/her and they're not attracted to you... do you

I don't just go up to someone and say "I like you". I feel like that's a really weird way to declare your feelings.

When I like someone, and I'm not sure how they feel, I gradually show my feelings to them in a subtle way. And if they respond, then I'll take it further, unless they do it first.

I feel like that's a way more natural way to start a connection with someone, rather than just saying it.

#3 awesomeness, Jun 14, 2014
  4. BelleFromHell

Yes. There's a lot of crying involved.

5. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people

yes but sometimes you have to read "signs" for several months and then you get nothing in return when you finally show your emotions

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

I go by a new rule now if they show no signs of liking me in the first week and I will give them about a month after that I write them off .

7. awesomeness

That's why you do it in a SUBTLE way at first, so you can always pass it off as just being friendly.

If you get nothing in return, who cares? Then you can continue with just the friendship.

8. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

On the only occasion to which the question applies, I felt like crap for about a month. Sad, humiliated, depressed, lonely, irrelevant. Then I gave up hope, and moved on to ... nothing since.

9. Cass

I get like you listed, but then i move on, try to be friendss with them. its no big deal if someones not into me

10. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Personally, I have kept myself out of such situations for a long time. The longer one plays the game, the sooner one knows what your chances are and what reality looks like.

11. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

The one time I got shut down abruptly in person, I just felt numb really. I had already gone on one date with her, and having her tell me she had a boyfriend thoroughly sucked. What was worst was that she never told me this in between the previous date and the next offer, like she didn't give a crap. The numbness came from the feeling not of rejection, but of betrayal by somebody I liked as both a friend and potential gf. O.O

12. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

At first I feel hurt but then I realize you can't force someone to like you. To help me get over them I pick out their biggest flaw and then I never like them again.

13. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

I've never confessed but it's one of those "god I'm such a fucking loser, such shame..." when I know for sure they aren't interested in me. I know it's not a healthy way to handle it but, we're all human you know? Rejection stings for awhile.

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2014 at 06:00 PM ----------

imagine them taking the biggest sweatiest and disgusting strained dump on the planet to help heal the "why do i like this person anyway" pains

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

For a few moments, I may feel like what has been described previously, but you have to get over it. Otherwise, you're only making a bad situation into a terrible one. You may not be able to stop the pain or discomfort entirely, but you can lessen the impact. So far, this has done wonders for me.

Years ago, I had a fancy for a young lady. She wasn't too snobby or elitist, but she had her social obligations. She and I were in a few classes together, and sat very close to one another, so we got to know each other, kind of... when I wasn't in trouble, haha. Over a period of time I started to fall for her, and I revealed how I felt one day. She told me, while flattered, I wasn't her type. I felt pretty unattractive and unappealing, but I went about my life.

Over the next few years, I worked out more, I got my mental stability level, and I learned how to better 'play the game', as Tightrope mentioned. Basically, I did whatever I could, to improve myself and ease the burdens of life. Some was easy, some moderate, and some downright challenging, but I did it.

I've come to learn, if someone doesn't like you in 'that way', then why worry about it? They obviously couldn't love you, as you'd want to love them. It is pointless to pine for what won't give you what you want, even if what you want is with the person you want, because what you want won't be had, because it isn't what the person you want wants to want.

And God damn, that is a lot of 'want'!

:lol:

The point still stands. Just consider any let down or setback as a sign, that something is just further ahead on the Road of Love. Fuck anyone or anything that stands in your way, I say. It's your life, do what you must, but do it with genuineness and passion.

#14 Kaiser, Jun 14, 2014
  15. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i lifted a weight and now i'm too hulk for girls, rest in peace

16. tulipinacup

I feel sad for a while but I don't end up shooting people so there's that.

17. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

That is good!!!! Never shoot people. It'll be okay, pal!

18. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

I put their face on a mental image of a boy from high school who ate his zits and ear wax. Works like a charm.

19. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

(!!)

sounds like a keeper, that boy....

20. TurtleCat

I feel a bit of embarrassment, sadness and disappointment. I tend to feel regret at what "could have been." For the most part, however, I do try to just suck it up and move on. I figure I'll have better luck later down the line.