1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to know if boyfriend is just bi or is he gay

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by confusedgf1319, Jun 15, 2014.

1. confusedgf1319

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I've never chatted before to ask advice on this subject. Long story short my bf I discovered had a past (which I know we all have skeltons in our closet). Before we got together he was seeing men as well. But says that it's past and it was just drug induced and ashamed of it and that's it. Well I can understand all that but when I found out that only a couple of days after we decided we would be exclusive he went and actively pursued the man he had been with off and on for two years for sex. And when he got denied still continued for weeks to get to see this man and was denied. So there's more to it than I met you and it's a switch I can just turn off

2. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No it isn't a switch you can just turn off. If he likes guys then he likes guys there is nothing he can do about it. I cannot say if he like guys, girls, or both because I am not him. Regardless of his orientation it sounds like you need a new boyfriend. Being bisexual (if he is) doesn't mean he is free to cheat on you. If he is going to run off and chase someone for sex just a couple days after agreeing to be exclusive with you then you have problems that are alot bigger than if he is gay or bi.

Please don't judge other people who are bisexual and refuse to date them because of this guy.

My question is would you have reacted differently if he had been chasing another girl instead?

3. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I answere your question then I saw you had a limited number of posts. After going back and reading the long version of your story I still agree with my reply above. I saw your question of can sexually change and I'd like to respond to that as well.

You asked if he could go from liking guys one day to just liking girls the next. I'm not going to say it is impossible but I will say it's pretty unlikely. Sexuality is very often fluid and can change a bit over time but usually not very dramatically.

Think of it this way. Imagine a line that fades from pure yellow to pure blue. Assume liking girls only is yellow and liking boys only is blue. Your boyfriend sounds like he is bisexual to me so he would fall somewhere in the shades of green in the middle. At times he may be a yellow-green and other times he may be a blue-green but the odds of him getting out of the green zone are very slight. I identity as gay but I tend to very between blue and blue-green myself.

There are many people who are shades of green that live happy monogamous lives. Just because they like both girls and boys doesn't effect that. Say they are a guy with a girl (your situation) they would view being with another guy in the same manner that a straight guy would view being with another girl.

I'm truly sorry he has treated you like this and I sound a bit blunt, but I feel that what I have said is the truth.

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Some people lie about being bisexual and say their straight but this does not mean all bisexuals are like this he is just a cheater if he were straight he would be with other women..