1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feels like breaking up.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by starfish, Jun 15, 2014.

1. starfish

Think I've mentioned this a couple of times here. For the past 9 months I have been a partner in startup out in California on a new service. We did not have any investment, so my work was unpaid, but I owned a big chunk of the company.

As I was unpaid I had to keep doing my dayjob to keep paying the bills. Lately the stress of working in a production IT shop 50 hours a week, and working on this 10-20 hours a week, and hitting the gym 6 days a week, has just been too much. It finally came down to a quality of life issue, I had to give something up. I had to decide what I really wanted in life.

As much as I hated to do it I gave up my partnership today. I retain a very small part of the company for my services so far. I loved this project and I hate to leave it.

Guess this is what a break up feels like. I feel like I just got punched in the gut and told my dog is dead. The worst part is that no one did anything wrong, it just didn't work out. Which is sad.

2. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    everything happens for a reason......at least that's what i'd like to think. instead of looking at the bad side of it, try to look at the good. you seem like you have a bit of time on your hands, so you can try and take the most advantage of it. experiences that you learned from this company can help you in the near future.

3. starfish

The big thing is what now. I kinda feel lost, but free.

I want to put some time into finding a boyfriend. I also want to keep saving money, so that next time I can quit my day job and focus on one project. Or maybe go get a pilots license.