1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what does "gay""lesbian""bi" etc mean to you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by silk, Jun 16, 2014.

1. silk

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I'm gay, but I had this chat with a friend (who defines himself as Bi) about a lot of stuff. So I was saying that I wouldn't mind having sex with a women, sex is sex, and it is fun.
    But that I still define as gay, because I don't find girls attractive really, I can only see myself spending romantic days and my life with guys.

He said as a reaction: you're a little bit heterosexual, and gayromantic.
    According to him there is a difference between gay and gay rommantic. He thinks of gay as: only sex with guys. And Bi if you would like to have sex with both etc.

So this was kinda the topic, and I wondered how others think about this, so please share your thoughts!

2. RainbowHugs

Out Status:
    A few people
    I think he has a point. I'm female and I can have sex with guys, but I only get ever fall in love with girls.

3. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    > "gayromantic"
    > My mind is filled with what
    > What in the world is a gayromantic?

Well, here are the definitions I've been using.
    Gay = homosexual (Kinsey 4-6)
    Lesbian = specific to homosexual women
    Bi = bisexual (Kinsey 2-4)
    Something like that.

4. silk

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well yeah, that's what I use :grin: I see the names we put on us humans according to sexual preference as in "who do you want to live with your whole life, who do you want to have by your side"
    but it seems some people think differently :grin: I'm hoping for a lot of replies, to know get a view of all the different takes people take on this subject.

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    What he means is homoromantic , I think gays and lesbians can have sex with the opposite sex but what makes them gay or lesbian is they don't want to have sex with the opposite sex. In my opinion you would be bisexual they call it sexual orientation for a reason. There are tons of bisexuals that like sleeping with one gender and only dating the other. There are also bisexuals that like having sex with both men and women and don't want to date either sex by going with romantic orientation they would be asexual.
    I define by both romantic and sexual and I know I'm a lesbian because I don't desire either from a man
    This is just a clever way to avoid being called bisexual or labeling oneself as such. Or you are just ignorant on what bisexuality is

#5 stocking, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  6. silk

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    -well, he called cit homoromantic, so I "translated it" because I though it was something different in English :grin:
    -but I don't get how you can't think about sex with guy/girl. I just think of it as: just this warm soft vagina, must feel great to be in. But that's all, just the vagina, don't need anything else from the women, just sex with the vagina because I think it would feel good, just as I would think a flashlight would feel good or something.

So does this still count as bisexual, or is the "sexual part only" thing something that defines it as just gay (in my case)

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's because your a guy people would call you gay even if your bisexual. I just don't think about it with both sexes only women that's how I'm wired I always wondered why I couldn't be bi like other people.

8. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

In my honest opinion, I agree with him.

I think your sexual orientation is about sex only and nothing more. I don't think romance has anything to do with it. You can be a gay man who falls in love with and spends your life with women, and a lesbian who falls in love with men as long as you never desire sex with them. This is why some asexual people feel romantic attraction and have long term relationships; but just because they are in love with a same-sex person and have a long-term relationship with them does NOT mean they are 'homosexual'. They are asexual with romantic attractions. Hence the SEXUAL part of the term.

Someone who desires and enjoys sex with either gender is a bisexual in my mind, even if they only have romantic attraction for one gender or the other. That would simply make them a homoromantic/heteromantic bisexual. Just like I wouldn't call a person who loves casual sex and can never fall in love an 'asexual'.

Simply having sex with the other gender wouldn't change your sexuality though. If a gay man sleeps with women because he's closeted, having one time curiosities, or did it before he found out he was gay (and still does it to please his wife)....He's still gay. If he sleeps with them because he's attracted to the idea, then I wouldn't consider him gay at all.

Now, I'm not here to tell people what they can and can't call themselves either, this is just my honest opinion. I call myself lesbian not because I can't 'love' a man but because I find the thought of sex with men to be utterly repulsive. Hell, I possibly could fall in love with a man and I'd still be as gay as ever, because even 'love' can't make me ever want to touch a dick.

9. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :confused: i really dont know well im gay and i sometimes think about having sex with a women but i would never try it as i dont ever want to
    no offence girls are wonderful creatures and are the beauty of human beings but i just dont find them attractive enough to have sex with though i find them so cute like i wana hug them and be their gay friend and i think having too many sisters makes me adore girls and feel like all girls are my sisters and they are so cute ^^ i dream of having my first kid a girl it would be wonderful i mean i would be the best gay father for her god what does that have to do with it O.O
    anyway i think if you WANT to have sex with a women then you are bi i guess idk much about labels >.<

10. silk

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well, it seems I'm homoromantic Bi then? I'll stay as gay of course, because well, I don't need the women for a relationship, so I don't need women to think "they have a change". So I just chose gay to have it easier I guess. But I'll just conclude that I'm not really gay then.

At least the label gay makes everything more easy :grin: I guess the majority takes the opinion of my friend.

11. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Am I the "ect"? :|

12. Hexagon

Sexual attraction=/=sexual behaviour.

A man who has sex with a woman, but is only attracted to men is still gay, even if he enjoys it.

13. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

This is very true, and I definitely believe that depending on the circumstances. But I think sexual attraction means a desire to have sex with a specific person. You can think someone is physically ugly or emotionally uninteresting and still be sexually attracted, after all.
    I do think gay men can enjoy straight sex physically (whether they're curious, closeted, or a prostitute), their motives just have to be that they mentally dislike the thought of sleeping with women.

OP may still be gay himself because he's just curious and that's all; one time curiosities are normal.

14. awesomeness

I believe everyone, regardless of their orientation, has a sexually bicurious side. Whether they accept/express it or not, is another issue.

So being willing, under the right circumstances, to have sex with someone of your non-preferred gender doesn't make you any less gay or any less straight.

15. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mostly their dictionary definitions. I have a gay uncle who got on me for calling.myself gay and he denounces labels. Well I'm a guy who likes guys and not girls. Therefore I'm gay.

16. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Agree with the sentiment but not the wording. I don't think -everyone- has a bicurious side, but the ones who do are in the norm so the OP shouldn't feel ashamed.

17. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am romantically and sexually attracted to both men and women, hence bi. I've scored as Kinsey 3 multiple times. I am more interested in pursuing a relationship with a guy at this time because I haven't had any chances to do so in the past. I guess I am really a pansexual.

18. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Lots of straight men only sleep with women and don't have relationships with them so l don't get why you need to call yourself gay just for that:confused:

---------- Post added 16th Jun 2014 at 06:32 PM ----------

:grin: I wish I was bit bi when I was a teenager, I guess by your logic there are no sixes then. I find this a bit insulting to gays and lesbians that committed suicide trying to feel something for the opposite sex. God knows I tried to feel some thing for a man most of my life, hell I would of been happy back then even if Ijust liked men sexually ,God knows I sat down thinking what's wrong with me why can't I feel something for a man , and to hear someone say this is a slap in my face every time , and I remember those words your not normal get help, go try some more dick you didn't try hard enough to like men. Oh my dick is great baby I got the moves . I get so offended by this because it's like a spit and a slap in my face telling me what I feel isn't real.:tears::bang:

---------- Post added 16th Jun 2014 at 06:35 PM ----------

Not all bisexuals are 50/50 and 3 isn't the only bi on the scale

19. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i haev liked woman and want to hold a hand, of hte woman for life but not man

20. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

It means me no want husband. :|

And a dude doesn't want a wife. And some people would want one of two genders, not necessarily man or woman.