1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Girl Crushes"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by marie11, Jun 17, 2014.

1. marie11

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    What do you think about the term "girl crush"?

How is it different from a regular crush or strong feelings of friendship? I've heard people say it's like the female version of saying "no homo" and that they find it offensive. Do you agree with that?

I ask because I find the term kind of confusing as I try to figure out my own sexuality. I keep wondering if things I feel are really a crush or this girl-crush thing that I hear other girls talk about.

2. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

I used to say I had girl crushes when it was on a straight girl I knew would never like me back at all, I never really thought about the term. If straight girls use it with no lesbian intentions then I can see why people see it as a "no homo!" thing where they just really admire or respect the person's personality or attractiveness or both, but it could also be a "coming to terms" type of thing where the person is figuring out that they're more fluid/flexible than they thought. Idk it doesn't really bother me, personally :v

3. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

I think of it as someone liking who someone is without being sexually attracted to them. I'm not bothered by it.

4. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I think It's cute. I even have some 'girl crushes' (or guy crushes technically) on some guys

Basically It's a non-sexual/non-romantic crush....like a deep admiration

5. Cass

^ X2

i find it not offensive

6. marie11

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for the input everyone. I tend to get easily confused by different types of attractions and all that.
    I think the only time it would be offensive if someone uses it to say "girl crush, but not a real crush because that would be gay, ew."

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I thought it always meant when you found a woman attractive being a woman yourself and thought she was nice to look at but didn't want to sleep with her or date her or liking her personality so much that you would want to be friends with her and hang out with her .

8. finebime

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just see it as someone acknowledging that someone is attractive without being sexually attracted to them.

9. acciocarrie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah, I guess it is a little like a female version of "no homo" but I don't necessarily find it offensive. Just kind of... lame? I guess. Just call it a crush. >//<

10. Yosia

I use the terms 'boy crush' and 'girl crush' when i admire them and like them but dont necessarily want to be with them.