1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Answering my phone is the most important thing in the universe!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Wuggums47, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Ever notice how in TV, whenever someone's phone rings, they immediately drop everything they are doing to go get it? Even when they're about to have sex. Do people really prefer to answer their phones than live their lives? In movies so many people even have landlines hooked up next to their bed so they can be interrupted during sex more often. Is this a common practice?

2. Hexagon

I don't have a landline. My parents do, and we live in the same house, but I don't answer it. It's their business. I like my phones to have an off switch, and a reasonable chance of people believing they were out of charge. With landlines, there are only so many power outages you can fake.

I usually answer my phone, as I can tell who's calling. If I can't, then I'm less likely to answer.

3. Yosia

If my phone rings i like stare at it and i will answer it like 20% of the time XD

4. justjade

I don't have a landline. In fact, even though I have a cell phone, I'm not glued to it. Even if I have it on me and it rings, I rarely answer it, at least not immediately.

5. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll usually answer my phone unless I'm really busy.

But I can always call them back, so I don't worry about it too much...

6. justjade

But it does seem like everyone else is obsessed with their phones. Some of my coworkers keep their ringers turned up during work so they can answer it as soon as someone attempts to contact them. I think it's ridiculous. There's a time and a place for using your phone, and the middle of the lunch rush is not one of them.

7. Yosia

I was in the queue at Subway and the person infront answered their phone and they were talking foreeveeeer and making all of us wait, i was getting so annoyed.

8. timo

I only answer my phone if a) I have nothing else to do at the moment and b) feel like talking to the person who's calling me.

I never answer an unknown caller. At least have the decency to show your number when you call me, even if I don't know you.

9. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I've noticed that and I thought it was a joke. I googled this, and... people answer their phones while having sex? Mood killer! I was gonna joke about how they cannot do that if you restrain them. I'm simply too surprised. I believed it was some TV nonsense. I think mobile phones should be switched off during sex and probably left outside.

I have a landline. I don't own a mobile phone. I think it's okay if they don't let the mobile phone take over their life.