1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long Distance Relationships?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lukas17, Jun 18, 2014.

?

Would you be in a long distance relationship?

1. Yes.

13.6%
  2. No.

18.2%
  3. Depends on the person.

68.2%
  1. Lukas17

Would you date someone who is somewhere else, not where you live? If you would, how far that distance could be?
    Both sides have their advantages but when you're with someone who can't be there for you all the time you learn to appreciate that time you spend together?! And specially today when you have all these apps like Facebook, Skype, Twitter...
    So what your opinion and would you be in a long distance relationship or you've already been? :slight_smile:

2. Yosia

Have been in long distance relationships and would do it again.

3. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

I don't believe in long distance relationships. But I believe in a long distance friendship.

4. TurtleCat

Some people knock long distance relationships, but I've had good experiences with them. I actually met my husband over the Internet and we've been together going on 7 years now. I also know many others who met their significant others on the Internet.

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No.

Hell no. Unless it was established before someone moved like from the military. It's too much of a hassle and very difficult to maintain.

6. Zelos

I've been a long distance relationship for 3 years, and my partner is the person I'd like to spend my life with :slight_smile:
    Before him, I'd been in a LDR for a year and a half with another guy, so I talk from experience. I can tell you one thing, LDR are hard. But it never stopped me, because if the person is worth it, then we can make it work. It's hard not to have that person you love so much close to you when you need support. But you can always text them or call them, and that makes everything better. I'd say that you end up getting used to the distance, and when you can finally be together again, it's bliss. The hardest moment is when, after a short week of pure heaven, you have to part again.

LDR also require a lot of effort (any kind of relationship does, but LDR are a special), because without communication, the relationship cannot live. That's all the relationship holds on to, and I recommend both partners really make an effort to speak as much as possible. It is true that sometimes you end up not knowing what to say to each other, but there are many activities you can do together :slight_smile: So if I had to sum up an LDR, I'd say : hard, but worth it. :slight_smile:

7. timo

If it's within reasonable distance, let's say a 1 hour drive so you're able to spend some time together without planning a multiple-day-trip, I would at least try it. But if they live further away... no probably not.

8. Hexagon

Only if the feelings were far more intense than anything I've yet experienced. So probably not. Unfortunately, I was on a dating site, and a girl from the US contacted me. She seemed nice, but there wasn't honestly a massive spark, if you know what I mean. We're currently in the light conversation stage, but I really shouldn't have let it go this far.

9. DangerAlex

I said no, but a more appropriate answer would have been "Probably not." I'm a moderately sexual person, so I need physical contact with my partner on a regular basis. I feel like the only way I could be in a long-distance relationship would be if my partner I'd been with for a while moved away after I'd already become invested in the relationship. Otherwise, I couldn't, for example, "meet" someone online and agree to date them without meeting them and being able to spend time together in person. I wouldn't even bother in such a scenario.

10. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I'm in one right now. But we're not too far from each other- he has family in my area who he visits pretty regularly. So it's definitely not a huge deal breaker at this point. He's actually considering moving at some point too, so there's a chance if this works, it'll stop being long distance.

When there's no potential of contact, probably not gonna work out tbh.

11. KayJay

I'm sort of in one right now I think, I really don't even know these days. I'm really struggling with it :frowning2:

12. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

Within 150 miles or so. Not for just anyone, though. They'd have to be potential wife material.

13. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I've had a few and they haven't worked. I think as long as I meet them in person several times, I'd be okay with it. LDR's have good benefits for me considering there's not as much pressure to be physical, and you can get more space since they won't randomly be showing up every day.

14. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was in one and kinda still am.

15. Shaded

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've been in one and they are very hard to maintain.
    I wouldn't do it again.

16. Foxface

married 11 years to my online lover