1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why so many lesbians date transmen?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FireSmoke, Jun 18, 2014.

1. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Live above. If they like women, why they decide to date transmen?

I don't like when a lesbian would stay with me just because I'm not a male assigned-at-birth. It's like if her prority is what I have between my legs and not what I have around my heart.

What are your thoughts?

2. BelleFromHell

Because a lot lesbians are overly concerned with what your genitals look like. They think vagina=woman, which is a bit ridiculous.

I couldn't have sex with a pre-op transwoman, but I still see her as a woman, and she were to eventually get HRT and SRS, I'd still want to date her. It's perfectly OK for a lesbian to date a transman, but GOD FORBID she date a transwoman!
    [​IMG]

This is just another reason why I hate being a lesbian. The lesbian community is fucking RIDICULOUS.

3. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

I really don't know. Maybe they were with him before he came out and fell in love with his personality? I dislike when they are with them and still identify as a lesbian. Really. If you like him, you are bi.

4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah. Believe me, it drives me nuts. I'm not a mega super butch- I'm just a guy and I wanna be recognized as one. I'm not just a life support system for my parts.

I however don't mind if my partner has a preference for trans men or whatever. So long as they're attracted to guys. :wink:

5. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I don't get it either. As a lesbian, I don't view trans men as potential partners. They're MEN.

I feel like a lot of lesbians don't understand trans people; they'll date trans men because they see them as 'female' because of their parts, which is bullshit. Even if he has a vagina, It's going to give off a VERY male vibe that women with vaginas don't have, especially if he's on T.

I hate how some lesbians also judge some of us who will date trans women. They think we're traitors because we're choosing to date "men" (Um hello, they aren't men at all??). I've heard some disgusting comments including:
    "You aren't a lesbian, you're appropiating our identity"
    and even "I can't date a trans woman, even if they've completed their transition because having an XY chromosome still makes them a man" (Um, what?!)

I don't hold any judgements though if a lesbian is with a trans man because he didn't come out until later and she thought he was a "woman" up until then. She'd be justified in still being a lesbian then due to not knowing. But she can either still love him for the inside or break up because she isn't into guys.

6. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a lesbian friend who's hiting on me and its really annoying. I explained to her how I'm a guy and I identify as such and that, besides, I'm pretty much only attracted to guys. She backed off a bit but she still flirts with me :\

7. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

You're a special :icon_bigg

:eek: God, tell me they don't really think in this manner... :dry:

This happens when the transman haven't come out to himself or to the others but it's justified in that case. However, YEAH! They're bi or pan or just queer, but NOT lesbians.

People have to understand we aren't butches. But is it SO difficult to understand??? :tantrum:

I'm sorry, man (*hug*) Try to be more "authoritative" with her. What she said to you when you explained to her your identity?

8. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I don't see a problem with it as long as they use the correct pronouns, and respect their identity. If they try to insist that they are still a woman, and that they aren't in a straight relationship, that's when there is a problem. I think our sexualities are probably a bit more complex than the labels we try to put on them, and that's why some lesbians are somehow able to date a trans man.

9. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    They are only attracted to pre-T trans men for obvious reasons.
    If you're claiming to be lesbian, but you are dating a man...stop and think.
    Why would a lesbian date a man, and why would a trans man give up his credibility like that?

10. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

I agree with you. But how do a person know exactly if a girl loves you for who really you are or, instead, still thinks I'm a woman? :confused:

11. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

What is a woman? A miserable little pile of secrets.

---------- Post added 19th Jun 2014 at 02:48 PM ----------

You think this question may have me cornered, but little did you expect to activate my trap card, OP!!!! I have never actually dated anyone, so my input on the topic is useless! Ha!

So why am I here? Well uh I like landmines

12. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

:eusa_eh:

13. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly, if she still insists she's lesbian and that she's in a gay relationship, that's a sign she still thinks you're a woman. It doesn't matter what's in your pants. If you're with a lady and you're a man, it's not a gay relationship.

If she says something like "you're an exception," however, this may be a sign she just loves you for who you are.

Besides, lesbians can have heterosexual relationships too. Sexual attraction =/= romantic attraction, in my opinion, and while it's rare, it's quite possible.

14. Lipstick Leuger

^^^ Not all are like this, but yes, this is why I identify as Queer Femme, or just Femme. Lesbian makes me feel too much stuck to dating 'only' cis-women. I don't judge someone on what genitals they have, if I fall for someones personality, I would always love them. And no matter who I date, I will always be a Femme. They don't define me....

15. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

:slight_smile:

But it could be so amazing to find a pansexual girl...because you are very sure she loves you for who you are.

16. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    They don't see you as a man that's why , which I find ridiculous

---------- Post added 19th Jun 2014 at 06:27 PM ----------

I agree, I've seen them calling lesbians who date trans women traitors and some are mean to trans women

---------- Post added 19th Jun 2014 at 06:33 PM ----------

Lesbians can have heterosexual relationships but if she's sexually attracted to men she is no lesbian she is bisexual.

17. laurenc

laurenc Guest

you took the words out of my mouth . also it does not help that some trans men look for gay women to date and say that no straight women will date them

18. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah, and there are straight women that would date them. It doesn't help when some still call themselves lesbians either not saying it's their fault.

19. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Refusing to acknowledge the gender of any transgender person in favor of their chromosomes, their birth gender, and/or what's in their pants is just blatant transphobia and it's quite disheartening to hear.

Sexuality is mainly physical. While emotional and mental factors do apply, it's most likely based off of the actual body. That sounds bad, I know, but you can't help it. I don't care if a lesbian is interested in sex with me because I have a vagina, but if they insist I'm a woman just because of that, you can bet I'll be offended.

20. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you sir I put the first part in bold because not many people know that and yes it is transphobic they think your a woman.