1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi-polar feelings toward my sexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by confuseduser99, Jun 18, 2014.

1. confuseduser99

I feel HAPPY and almost proud of my sexuality, yet when I was asked about it last week, I couldn't muster the courage to say "I'm gay". I'm embarrassed to say it. I'm embarrassed about being gay. While I've gotten better at referring to myself as "gay", I still cringe a little when I do it... Other times however, I say that "I'm gay" to myself or my sister, and I say it with pride and confidence.

Does this ever happen to you? Am I still in the transitional stage from acceptance to pride? Will I ever be fully prideful in my sexuality?

2. Hexagon

It's natural to feel this way. Sometimes, society instills homophobia into children. It's insidious, and hard to eradicate. Most who reach a stage of admitting their sexuality to themselves manage to overcome it. I don't know how, precisely. Just act as it it isn't there, say "I'm gay" despite your fear, and maybe you'll find it affects you less in time.

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's natural but you're on the road of acceptance and you're getting closer just keep driving and you'll make it (*hug*)
    Love you (*hug*)

4. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm at that stage as well. I cringe when I call myself gay and I cringe even more when I call myself a lesbian.

5. Kabuki

Yes! Even though I publicly came out through facebook it wasn't like I said it, so yeah, sometimes when people who saw my post and still act as if I like girls it annoys me but I sometimes can never say "man I'm gay, I don't like girls that way". So it does happen to me and I get angry at myself because of it.