1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you turn a person down if they acted needy even if they are attractive ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Jun 18, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So if you were attracted to a person and they were very attractive if they acted needy would you lose your attraction to them and why ?
    I've heard that acting desperate or needy can kill attractiveness and I think it's true but what do you guys think true or not true

2. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well he has to be extremely attractive and I would still think about it because being desperate/needy is a big turn off for me

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

For me, yes.
    Now if a person was a little bit needy, I think It's really cute. But it becomes a turn-off when It's made into a habit.
    Clinginess in general turns me off. I wouldn't date someone that needs to be around me every day.

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes and no I mean it's cute but it's also pathetic oh and stocking congratulations this is your 180th thread (*hug*)

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you (*hug*)

6. BelleFromHell

Doesn't really matter how "attractive" they are (although that's certainly a bonus), it matters how close I am to them. I'm fairly clingy myself, but if it's excessive, and I'm not too attached to them, it's a no for me,

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

It depends. Just like there is a thin line between genius and insanity, there is a thin line between clingy and desiring.

If someone was constantly hugging me, to the point I lacked full use of my limbs, well, that may be a bit too much. But if they just liked to hug me randomly, well, I can't be too mad about that. I assume they're doing it because they care about me, and it feels good.

If someone becomes ridiculously needy, I tend to figure out why they are. I'll ask them if they notice how they are acting, and go from there. If one can discover the reason, perhaps it can be worked out. However, many needy people tend to have low self-esteem or relational problems, and they overcompensate for it in the next relationship, especially if said next relationship is healthier than their others. Of course, some people are just overly affectionate and enjoy being with others. This is easier to deal with than the former, I'd say.

Attractiveness is secondary, because good looks don't prepare meals, pay bills, or know how to say or do the right thing, at the right moment.

I guess I could not bathe for a good week, and see if that cuts down on their being around me, LOL.

:lol:

8. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Clingy people are really annoying.

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I can be clingy and needy myself but I'm trying to stop , I don't call people as much anymore I just call like too days out of the week and if someone doesn't want to talk I leave them alone but when meeting someone I think I try to impress to much but life is a learning experience

---------- Post added 18th Jun 2014 at 05:25 PM ----------

and yes some of us can be I have met supper clingy men , i've only know one clingy girl but it wasn't her fault poor thing

10. Techno Kid

Hehe you are so sweet to everyone. ^_^

To respond to OP it would depend how needy cause I like to feel like people can turn to me when they need help. :3

11. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    aww your sweet .

I think I'm the weirdest needy person ever lol like one minute i'm needy next I want my space and to be left alone :grin:

For me it's if the needy behavior became controlling line when it crosses that line

12. BoiGeorge

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I cannot stand people who are clingy and needy! It's my number one turn off. It wouldn't matter how cute she was; if she was possessive and needy I'd be running for the hills! A girl needs her space sometimes

13. dreamcatcher

I can't deal with excessive clinginess and neediness. I need my space. If a person is very needy or clingy, I don't care if you look like Jennifer Lawrence, the person immediately becomes unattractive to me.

14. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    needy = clingy = codependent = not anyone I'd get anywhere near in a relationship.

These issues all arise from major self-esteem issues, basically people who have very little self-compassion or self-love. And, unfortunately, people can only love another person as much as they love themselves.

I would be a friend (with very clear boundaries) with such a person, and I'd encourage him or her to do the self-work necessary to learn to really love him/herself... but it would not be healthy, either for the other person, or for me, to be in a relationship with him or her.

15. White Knight

Physical qualities don't impress me as they used to. So if they don't have any endearing personality treats other than being needy, they are out.

If being needy comes with other good sides then I guess we can work it out as long as they don't wear my paitence out. Like Chip said, probably working out process would be handled as friends then we can see where we go from there.

16. So very much this ^

No relationship I have ever had or seen, romantic or otherwise, with any serious boundary or codependence issues has ever yielded any good things for me or anyone else involved.

It's just not healthy to try and force a relationship to work when one or more parties are so so dependent on someone other than themselves for their life happiness and self-esteem.
    Not only is it not healthy, being in a relationship doesn't fix the problems that started the codependence in the first place, often it just enables those problems to go unexamined for a while.

I couldn't do it.

17. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally, I love my freedom and, even in the relationship, I want to feel free. So no, I wouldn't date clingy or needy person..

I would strongly agree with Chip .. it's mostly little self-love and respect, low self-esteem..

18. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lmao stocking it's like your cuddling with a cute girl and she's like I love you and your like I love you to then you throw her off of you and say alright now get the hell away from me I'm done for tonight!

---------- Post added 19th Jun 2014 at 01:46 AM ----------

Thank you (*hug*)

19. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well i hate it but if that someone is close to me or my friend i wont really mind
    if we are not so close i might give him a chance first if he get too annoying i will just throw him out of my life like i always do to people i find uncomfortable >.>

20. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes.

I've had 20 years of that in a bad marriage: enough already.