1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Masculine accessories.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Wuggums47, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

For the way I dress, I usually wear neutral/slightly masculine clothes, and then female accessories, like a colorful scarf or something. Lately I've been losing weight and feeling better about myself, and I want to start wearing something new. I'd like something that is an accessory, but masculine that I could work in to my outfits. The best thing I can come up with right now is bow tie, maybe with a dress shirt, but I'm debating if that would make me look ridiculous or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

---------- Post added 19th Jun 2014 at 01:39 PM ----------

Just went shopping around for bow ties online and found a really cool patterned one.

---------- Post added 19th Jun 2014 at 01:55 PM ----------

Oops I meant to post this under gender expression

2. 741852963

Clicky

Sorry, had to post!

I had a friend who dressed very smartly - bowties, dress-shirts, braces etc and he really made it his own. It worked for him, he looked very dapper.

I say if thats your style then go for it! When you are dressed how you feel comfortable then you will appear more confident.

3. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

The doctor is at least 1/3 the reason I'm considering a bow tie, thanks for your post.

4. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

I wear a simple gold chain around my neck, which used to belong to my father, and a watch. Ties are great, but I never wear them.

5. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I decided to go with a bow tie, I ordered this awesome one with a nebula pattern on it, and a doctor who one.

6. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

truck nutz

alternatively, yes bow ties are very nice c: really dig that space one.

7. stormborn

that's an awesome bowtie!!

i wear some leather bracelets and some of the tie-on, stringy friendship bracelets that people have made for me. they make me feel cool.

8. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I'm a vegetarian, but I could wear pleather bracelets. Those would look good.

9. justjade

Two words: Chunky bracelets :lol:

I dunno. I've been trying to figure this out, too.

10. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How about wearing a chain on your pants? I once cut a chain off of the belt it was attached to and hooked it up to the belt loops on my pants with safety pins. Cover it up with your shirt and it should add a nice touch masculinity to your appearance.

11. AlamoCity

The bow tie was nice (however, I prefer self-tie ones rather than pretied ties; they look "nicer").

Regarding masculine accessories, while I wouldn't call them "accessories," cowboy boots sure fit the bill as something that has a masculine aura. Cowboy (pearl snap) or flannel shirts could also work. Oxford shirts are also something that I see mostly men wear (with or without a tie).

Also,

12. Aquilo

Interesting.. Here cowboy boots would be seen as fancy/feminine.

13. jahow95

Just carry a rugby ball around with you, that's pretty masculine

14. Aquilo

Shark tooth on leather string? Some watches and belt look a bit more masculine. Tie works almost always.

15. These are kinda gender-neutral, but how about checker-pattern wristbands? Also, you can turn a lanyard into an accessory by hooking it onto your jeans.

I've seen both guys and girls wear these accessories, but it's more prevalent among guys.

16. musicgirl18

I agree, in my town the only time you see cowboy boots is if they're under a sundress. :dry:

---------- Post added 25th Jun 2014 at 01:07 PM ----------

I personally love ties, both bow and straight, and chunky bracelets. Also, hats. All the hats. :grin:

17. TidMaskin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I noticed that this thread is old but I was asked so often about the same thing that I can't not to add a reply here :slight_smile: I think that your idea is definetely good, I noticed that some masculine things became very popular among women during last several years :slight_smile: I have some female friends who like to wear men shirts and bow ties too and that looks really cool :icon_bigg
    I like the bow ties too, there're so many models of them, like here 45 Inspirational Bow Tie Ideas - Dignified Neckwear for the Gentleman for example and some of them have such style which makes them a universal accessory both for men and women :rolle: So I can't think that these things are only for guys, especially the models like on these pics :icon_bigg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i tend to wear a lot of necklaces and bracelets bought from the men's section.Certain beanies and hoodies (anything displaying Assassins Creed, Zelda, video games in general get taking as Masc for some reason).

Bow ties are cools but I notice that a lot of people from different genders tend to wear them, so they truly are the greatest gender neutral accessory!

and..i out of ideas xD

19. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wear a Superman dog tag, that I bought at Pride last month. Love it to bits, and my parents sort-of accept that I like dog tags, though my dad told me, "When I was in the army, we used to wear dog tags to identify ourselves, it's not fitting for a woman" I just shrugged, and they leave me be about that now. Awesome!!! I haven't taken it off since I bought it :love:

I want to get another dog tag with my name engraved in it. But that will have to wait

Attached Files: