1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kind of disappointed

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GayAndProudd, Jun 19, 2014.

1. GayAndProudd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hello guys, as you guys may have seen the post "I asked my roommate if he's gay..." and I don't know, I got inspired by that to come out to my parents which went pretty eh, and I just don't know how to feel, I mean I know it's his choice, and I know that I shouldn't be so upset about this, but I just am, faking a story, and making it fictional just makes me upset, because I looked up that guy as the one that helped me come out, and even though my dad doesn't talk about it, I just don't know what to do, he even helped me out of suicide. I'm just lost and confused right now.

2. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well look at it this way, you said he helped you out of suicide, so that means he definitely still cares for you. i can tell you right now for a fact not to underestimate the bond between father and son. you have a chance to make things better for both you and your father. of course you're going to feel a bit confused and upset about it at first, and it's natural to feel that way. not a lot of people think it was an easy road to walk when coming out the closet and being open about it. my advice is to take things one step at a time. step by step process, whether mentally, physically or emotionally, does help out a lot.

3. Diego89

I think he's not talking about his father but the guy that posted the story that inspired him to come out which in the end turned out to be fictional. And about that I don't really know what to make of it, I didn't read the story cause I was to lazy to, but I guess I would be kinda dissapointed too.

But in the end, fictional or not, it helped you, and that's all that matters, alas I'm sure there are real stories like that and even better out there, so remain hopeful. :slight_smile:

4. Caelestis

Hey GayAndProudd. I'm sorry that I can't be of more help to you in this situation. One thing I can tell you is don't push your dad as it might actually push him farther away. Just let him come to terms with it. As for this fake guy... I'm new so I have no idea what you're talking about.(*hug*)

5. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes we get inspiration from books or movies to do something that we know deep inside we should do. These are acknowledged works of fiction, but they help us understand something that we had not been thinking about productively. Look to that thread as a work of friction that helped you do the right thing for yourself, even if it was only a work of fiction. His only fault was pretending that it was a true story, for which he should rightly be banned from this forum, but maybe it did some people some good, and hopefully nobody any harm.

6. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

It says on your information next to your name that you're 14. That's a pretty good age to come out, I think. You where going to have to do it anyways, so even if it was a lie, it helped you. Everything happens for a reason, maybe the reason for that lie was so you would come out. And he helped you out of suicide which is even more important.