1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Femininity

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by the prince, Jun 21, 2014.

1. the prince

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know a lot people (like me) don't prefer feminine people ( like me) but I am talking about when a guy is too feminine to the point you see him disgusting and you hate him ?

Is there a point like that to you or even in general ? because I've just seen one of my classmates post on Fb that a guy like that must be raped :dry:.

He meant when a guy talk like this " oh my lanta " something really silly or something like that, I don't know how you describe that in English.

2. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *raises eyebrow*

It takes a lot for me to view someone as "disgusting" or to truly "hate them." Being very feminine is certainly not one of the potential reasons.

3. the prince

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^ That means there is a point to you right ?

4. Caillin

I don't think there is a legitimate reason for hating a guy for being "too" feminine. To be honest its a rather ignorant and sexist mindset.

Thats disgusting..

5. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

There's a point with regards to other things. There is no point with being feminine. Someone could be "the most feminine person in the world" and I still would not hate them or find them disgusting.

Agreed - like that, prince - I find that disgusting. That type of thinking.

6. the prince

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I also agree that is disgusting and I felt hurt or something ....

It's really rare to see a feminine guy in my society, gender roles are ruling :dry:.

#6 the prince, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Actually, I love feminine people of all genders.

8. Cass

The only thing that disgusts me in people is hate. Sure, I don't get along with everyone, but the only thing I hate is when people mistreat eachother
    Feminism isn't something I would hate.
    Also "oh my lanta " is in no way feminine
    It's just a phrase
    It's not like he said. "Oh my vag"

9. acciocarrie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I second this.

10. awesomeness

I don't hate feminine-looking guys at all. On the contrary, I'm usually really physically attracted to them.

And ironically, judging by your friends "rape" comment, they seem to have some sexual frustrations towards feminine guys as well..

#10 awesomeness, Jun 21, 2014
  11. edgy

edgy Guest

raped by what... another guy???

12. the prince

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ya, it was a sarcastic though.

13. justjade

:eusa_eh:

Ooooh-kaaaay....

Well, actually I don't mind guys being feminine. What irritates me is guys being wimps. Like, I have this one coworker that, I swear, has to go home every time he has a tummy ache. He can't even fucking stay at work and tough it out, and he doesn't even act like he's in very much pain. I hate it when guys use lame excuses to get out of things. "Well, I rebuilt my car's engine yesterday and threw my back out, but I'm fine. Oops, I've got stomach pain. Might just be gas, or it could be the flu. Looks like I can't finish my shift."

Yeah, that's right, go home, you damn dirty son of a bitch. :dry:

But yeah, guys being feminine is perfectly fine with me. I don't consider being wimpy a feminine thing by any stretch of the imagination. I just see it as generally prissy and annoying.

14. RandomMatt

I'm in-between and I have no problem at all with uber-feminine guys (just like I have no problem with uber-masculine guys). That's just how they are, it's the most comfortable way for them to express themselves. Who am I to judge?

15. the prince

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Finally someone gave me the right term !!! Wimp

If a guy was too wimp what/ how would you react ?

16. justjade

^I always want to smack the shit out of them, but I never do. :dry:

17. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The term itself, I hate. Firstly, what traits constitute an individual who is “wimpy” are extremely subjective – hence, it is very difficult for me to tell what someone means when they call another person a “wimp.” Secondly, it is often used derogatorily toward men in a manner that suggests they aren’t “manly” enough, or that they should “stop acting like a girl.” Much akin the phrase “stop being a pussy” (in case they don’t have the term in Syria – literally “stop being a vagina,” i.e., stop being a woman.” Which of course is very offensive to women, since the insinuation is that women are naturally “wimpy,” and a man is worse off for being that way. And a further point, though unrelated to the above: who am I to judge the actions of another as cowardly, when I am not in their shoes?

As for men that are “wimpy,” again, the term is used so subjectively that I would have a hard time telling what someone meant by it. The type of people I find attractive are those that raise a middle finger to the world and in essence do not care what anyone thinks about them, and instead endeavor to simply be themselves. So if men (or anyone) that care about what other people think are “wimpy” (which is not the term I would use to describe them – more like “unnecessarily concerned with the thoughts of other people”), then so be it, I suppose.

#17 Browncoat, Jun 21, 2014
  18. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i love femininity, i love love love it, stereotypical and flamboyant and more nuanced and subtle it doesnt matter, and i dont unlove the lack of it i love it too but i love it, boy or girl or other or whatever i just, oh man.... people
    ~

19. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

If you're annoying I don't want to hang with you, if you're awesome, I would love to. Could care less about fem/masc or anything like that. I hate division!

20. Gen

Gen

I agree with Browncoat on both the topic of femininity and being a "wimp".

I certainly don't see masculine men as any less appealing, platonic or romantically, but life would be immensely more boring without feminine men. Personally, I am very neutral on the spectrum, but even simply being there has brought me a degree of judgement and ridicule over my years. There is something about having to go through so much in order to embrace who you on that sets people who diverge from gender archetypes apart from those that don't. Not that those who don't are less interesting by comparison; there is just a different perspective and attitude towards life that are commonly found in them. Which is exactly why I love them.
    This is very true. I can honestly say that I have never hated someone and thought "I should rape them and teach them a lesson". This is simply not a natural response to disgust, but it is a terribly common mindset.