1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's Your View On Feminists?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JStevens96, Jun 21, 2014.

?

Do You Have A Positive Or Negative View On Feminists?

Poll closed Jun 26, 2014.
  1. Positive

69 vote(s)
    81.2%
  2. Negative

16 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

Feminism is so popular, yet so hated. I love feminists, but I'd like to see other's thoughts on the movement & people within it.

Men who hate feminists around me are the typical "macho" men. I like equality & would feel guilty as a homosexual not being a supporter of equal rights.

2. animequeen567

I am a feminist. I dislike people who give feminism a bad name by saying they hate men and are what people think feminists are. Honestly those are fake feminists. I like real feminists that fight for equality for EVERYONE. Everyone is equal!

3. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Terrible, horrible people. Long live misogyny.

(Note: I view this as such a no-brainer that answering it in any way but sarcastically just seems silly).

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Feminists are good and will even keep feminine advancement in check if it leads to unfair treatment of men. I consider myself one for most intents and purposes, especially considering the rampant misogyny that's still more common than some expect.

Feminazis are the crazy ones everyone worries about who see themselves as the superior sex.

5. simba

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I like feminists as long as they're not cunty (if I'm allowed to say that on here). The core concepts in feminism are good, Ibut some feminists themselves don't embody that so well.

6. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I support feminism when it seeks out equality for women in areas where it is lacking and supporting women in difficult situations.

Unfortunately, like with many things, you will always get the radical extreme ones who take things way to far and give the concept of feminism a bad name.

I personally believe in true equality and don't feel I need to label myself as anything, instead focusing on equality issues of all genders.

Happy days :slight_smile:

7. acciocarrie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah, no. It's fine if you don't agree with them, but let's not compare their activism to genocide...

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't actually believe they are comparable to Nazis. It's just a natural corruption of their title that sort of works. I can't imagine calling someone that to their face unless they're being really aggressive about it.

9. simba

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I don't think men have very much to worry about in terms of being discriminated against lol. Don't let's be silly :*

10. Cass

Feminism, like Christianity and many other groups is a good thing that is poorly represented by idiots. There are feminists who are completly insane, but equality for women is a great thing.

11. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a feminist.

12. Melanie

Melanie Guest

Feminist here. Feminism fights for equality for men as well as women. Men can cry and shouldnt be shamed for it. Men can love children and want to work with children without being accused of being a pedophile.

It seems like people perceive some feminists as "man haters" because (at least in the US) we continue to live in a very patriarchal society

Feminism naturally extends out to all oppressed

13. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It depends on what type of feminist: TERFs can go hell, for example, while I feel more solidarity with colored, working class, and queer feminists.

14. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

I don't know.

15. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

The crazed one's who want things such as women to be more powerful than men in all cases hurt the credibility of feminists. A true feminist fights for equality, & I think that is great. I don't count the crazed ones. They're feminists in name only.

16. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

I want to know who the people are who voted negative.

17. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think their cool and that they have done a lot for me as a woman and other women it's the radical feminist that give feminist a bad name .

18. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

Damn. I should have clicked the option to allow us to see who voted for what.

19. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Pret Allez, where you at? This is the type of topic you thrive in!

As for me, I don't mind feminists. Like most movements, there are going to exist assholes and radicals who, for one reason or another, will hijack the movement for their own extremities. I have no problem with feminism.

It boils down to this, for me. Equality is great, but wanting exceptions or special privileges, is how I can usually tell the difference. That said, I tend to meet more people who give a positive representation of feminism than a negative, but I tend to remember the negative experience more. Funny how that works, isn't it?

At the end of the day, I love women too.

20. FireRose2071

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a positive view on feminists, for the most part. However, the crazed feminists who are the women who think "Down with men!" and, "We're being oppressed by the patriarchy!" is utter bullshit. I'm all for equal rights for all, but the damn feminazis need to calm down.