1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideal Date?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Toast8971, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Toast8971

Many of you have probably had at least one terrible date, so what's your ideal one?

2. Caelestis

Someone taking me to the movies. I mean, you sit in a dark room with no interaction with the other person
    Wait i meant that for the terrible date

#2 Caelestis, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  3. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eh, I'd settle for a terrible date, at this point. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I have two ideas of what would constitute a "perfect date," in my mind:

1. Go out to a bar to watch a sporting event of some sort (obviously they like sports as much as I do, being perfect and all). After that catch up with some friends - mine or theirs, doesn't really matter as long as we get along - and keep drinking for a good bit. Least a few hours.

Then safely get to one of our homes somehow (not driving ourselves, of course). Then watch a nerdy movie or series of some sort, while falling asleep cuddling on a couch. (I am not a very sexual person :lol:slight_smile:.

2. Day long hike (since, being perfect, they also love hiking), during which we strike a good balance of thoroughly enjoying nature and carrying on intriguing conversation (most likely cycling through nerdy subjects of all sorts :wink:).

After this, now entirely exhausted from spending the entire day hiking, we had back to one of our homes and watch a nerdy movie or tv series of some kind, falling asleep cuddling on the couch.

#3 Browncoat, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My ideal date is one where the two of us get to bond the most. Bookstore for coffees and sharing what you like best? Sounds like a deal :grin:

5. stormborn

probably a walk, to a park, museum, beach, or something of the like. then get coffee or go back to one of our places to chill and chat and maybe play a board game or something else to chat/bond over.

... i'm pretty easy to please :lol:

6. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

My ideal date is to go with my wannabe-partner at a restautant in front of a lake or the sea during the spring.

7. AlamoCity

Ideal date? This isn't for a first date scenario, but could work once you're in a more established relationship.

On a Saturday morning, we drive out to a seafood restaurant near a lake. Once we have lunch, we decide to do some fishing, so we head to the bait shop and get some tackle, cane poles, licenses, ice, etc. All very impromptu. Then, we have cast our reels on the lake and spend the whole day just talking and sitting on the tailgate, poles in hand (don't even go there :lol:slight_smile:. Eventually, we decide to camp out and sleep in the bed of the truck. By Sunday morning, we actually catch some catfish and we gut and clean them, and then grill them for breakfast. Then, we pack up and head on home, but not before getting lunch at a Waffle House or some other diner where two unkempt men won't raise eyebrows :lol:.

OK, so it might not be "ideal" for everyone, but this is something that I actually find nice.

8. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

If I like them enough, anything.

9. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

I would take my date on a boat ride. We would go to the most beautiful river with old trees surrounding it. Listening to instrumental music and eating fruits, cheese and breads. While the sun is on the horizon about to set. Aww

10. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Why has no one done this yet:

[​IMG]

But seriously: Probably my ideal first date would probably be like going to a local sno cone place, get to know one another and just talk :slight_smile:

11. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Right now, curling up on a couch together to watch Stargate with intermittent kissing breaks between episodes. Or borrowing a pair of horses for a trail ride through the woods.

Though I am really liking the bookstore and coffee idea. :grin:

12. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    my ideal date?
    for him......it would be me cooking dinner at my own place. after that we talk to each other, all night long and i surprise him with my guitar and singing skills, (i don't know which song yet) but i think that'll be a relationship that's going well =P , i want it to be special (YES I'M AWARE THAT THIS IS PRETTY CHEESY)

for me.....i don't think i got any, but any surprises would work.

13. neecee

neecee Guest

a fair or some kind of amusement park, that would be really fun!

14. DangerAlex

My guy has coordinated so many sweet, romantic dates.. I love when we've cooked togethe. And then one weekend he got us a cabin at a ski resort not too far away that had a fireplace and even a damn bearskin rug (which actually kind of freaked me out, but I went with it). That was wonderful. Sooooo much sex. And he had a masseuse come one day and we got hot stones massages together, which was so incredibly relaxing.

For something simpler, we go to Starbucks or one of the other cafés nearby and just talk. I always love that.

Bad dates? Well I took this girl to dinner and a movie once. It wasn't the date activities that made it bad, we just weren't clicking like I thought we eventually would. And then there was the dinner I took a girlfriend to when she broke up for me saying she couldn't take feeling like a placeholder for my ex anymore; it wasn't that upsetting actually, mostly just awkward. And then there were the couple hookups that were just plan bad..

15. Loira

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ideal date...
    Having something to eat and drink near the ocean with great conversation (hopefully!) and then, after dark, head down to the beach, maybe go for a walk, barefoot, seat on the sand cuddling and at one point run towards the ocean and jump into the water!

It sounds kind of silly... always wanted to do that, no one ever wanted. Maybe someday!