1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Embrace family

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dano218, Jun 22, 2014.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This has noting to with being gay but it makes alot of sense to me. I been helping this very nice lady from pennsylvania who happens to be distant cousin. Her mother was born out of wedlock during World War 2 and her grandfather died in PA during the war. This woman never knew her extended family and wants her mother to have meet the family she never meet. I I helped her alot and some relatives have been really nice while others answered the phone and just shut them out making it obvious what their thought process is. Word of advice to anyone just because some stupid shit happened between your family 60 some years doesn't mean you blame it on the generations after that incident when some just want to innocently find the family they never have. I am a professional genealogist and if I nicely call you on the phone please just be nice and say sorry I cannot help you and leave it that. But really the past can suck but the relatives living now are not the past.