1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Folsom Street fests......

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bolt35, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    does anyone here ever went to them? i went to one recently and it was pretty ....revealing, yet so open! it was actually fun. i definitely felt like i belonged a bit. a lot of guys/females everywhere from around the world went there, from all types of orientations, it was mind boggling.

2. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never been. It seems like it is pretty wild. We sometimes go to events associated with IML here in Chicago which is sort of similar I guess. It's fun--although it makes me feel like the most vanilla person on the planet. If I ever need a reminder that I'm from Utah...

3. AlamoCity

I first heard about it in the TV show "Looking." If I were to ever attend one of them, it would probably make me feel like the most vanilla person there and remind me that I am from Texas :roflmao:.

4. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

haha, well as far as i've seen, there are lots of different types of men. never heard of IML, but i think we have an event here similar to that.

5. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's interesting that everyone associates GLBT and San Francisco with The Castro. The Castro is a two way street that is only about 3 blocks long in the commercial zone. It then goes residential. Folsom is a much wider street that can hold a lot more people and businesses, and makes more sense for a festival. However, I don't know if that area is as GLBT as The Castro when it comes to the percentage of its residents. I've been to The Castro. It's not a big deal. I've only driven on Folsom Street. In my opinion, The Castro has gone tame, with so many curious straight people frequenting it, while Folsom Street and the Tenderloin have more "underbelly" stuff, as in pushing the envelope a little more. Just my opinion.

6. Lipstick Leuger

I want to visit it some time. I have friends that go every year and so I have to live vicariously through their pics.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're talking about (as far as I know) the original Folsom Street Fair in San Francisco...

Went once.

Never again. :slight_smile: