1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biggest Regrets?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Toast8971, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Toast8971

So, many of us have many regrets. What are yours, and why do you regret them?(&&&)

2. BelleFromHell

Telling people that I'm gay. Having someone who's "in the gay club" tell me that I'm straight feels pretty fucking shitty. The fact that she told me after I was talking about suicide, and my god-mother whom I've known all my life says the same thing, makes me want to beat the living shit out of something.

3. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll go with the standard one. It's on topic and it really is my biggest regret: not coming out earlier.

4. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

not being more productive after dropping out of college my first time

5. Yosia

Drinking all that pepsi, i cant sleep >.<

6. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i'll go a bit personal on this one. not having to play with a buddy of mine on stage.

i had the chance to perform with him. i got busy with school. i did find that time and moment, i was too lazy and wasn't ready to commit. i didn't have much except for my own bass guitar. they weren't willing to give me an amp to play with, nor the other bands were. long story short, i finished school, and the band had been put on hold. the lead guitarist commited suicide a couple of months later. we still don't know the cause but he's gone. a great talent.

7. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

Dropping out of high school and getting a useless diploma years after I could have graduated, basically preventing me from getting into any college.

8. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I had this teacher in high school. She was very supportive of gay people and any time a student said something negative, she would say "You don't know how hard it is for someone to go through that. Be more respectful". She was so nice. I wish I had told her. I wish I had told someone back then. Also I regret giving up on singing.

9. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

I don't really have any regrets cause without the mistakes I've made I wouldn't be the person I am today. I'm proud of the person I am today:slight_smile:

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Not being the stronger person back then.

Blaming society for every.single.thing, and using that as a crutch to torment and rile up people. All the time I wasted, all the people I hurt or made to feel like a stepping stone, all the talent I squandered with instead of building on.

There are quite a few what-ifs with various individuals, too, and how they would be connected to me nowadays. Looking back, I could had a closer network of people, instead of convenient associates. I may have even been able to obtain a boy/girlfriend. But instead, I had to sabotage my own beginnings.

The best one can do is, do better and love harder. At least that's what I've adopted.

11. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fighting my sexual orientation for 10 years, and not being more involved in things in high school and college.

12. AlamoCity

I have several and some are personal and won't list here. Of those that I'm willing to share:

*Not coming out in college; woulda been pretty cool being out in college, I suppose.
    *Not saving as much money as I could have.
    *Not recognizing the early to moderate stages of Alzheimer's in my grandmother.

13. Skov

Repressing my sexuality
    Closing myself off
    Being afraid to live
    Being afraid to connect with others
    Shutting down every time I like someone

14. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

Not coming out a young age so I wouldn't have to deal with the issues I have today.

15. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  16. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not applying to the top colleges/universities, even though I was contacted by many of them due to my academics. I was just too dependent on my parents to know how to live alone.

17. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry, I don't have regrets as i kind of see them as irrelevant.

I accept the choices I made, even if they were in error and focus on the situation at hand based on the circumstances of my choices. I can't change what I've done, so I feel bad about wrong choices. I just analyse them and learn what I can so I can apply that to reducing the amount of poor choices I make in the future.

Such is the way of my over logical mind.

Happy days :slight_smile:

18. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually I want to amend this. Had I known how relatively smoothly my coming-out would go, I would have done it earlier. But I didn't know that, and so I wasn't ready. I waited until I was ready, which gave me the inner strength to face the challenges that came up during this process. So it's probably for the best that I came out when I did, even if it did take awhile.

19. finebime

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had a very close female friend in college who threw herself at me. At the time, I didn't realize she was flirting; I was a little late to the dating game, and didn't recognize "normal" behavior between friends. We took a camping trip together once and I had the opportunity to make out with her... I always regret not having taken that chance. I think we could have been something great if we had ever dated.

20. the prince

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am not tough or strong but actually I regret nothing; I've learnt from every mistake I've done :slight_smile:, forget the past and try to make the best of the present for your future.

I sounded wise :lol:.