1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would You Remarry If Your Partner Died?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JStevens96, Jun 22, 2014.

?

Would You Remarry If Your Partner Died?

Poll closed Jun 28, 2014.
  1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    21.5%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. I Don't Know

39 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

Would you remarry if your partner died?

Even if you aren't planning to get married at least give your thoughts!

I honestly feel that if my marriage was with the one I love & it lasted 10 years for instance, I wouldn't be able to remarry without feeling guilty.

I don't know what I would do if the marriage was for around a year or two, I still would feel guilty considering I originally planned to marry my one true love.

What's your thoughts on it?

I don't know, I just feel this sense of betrayal.. Not saying anyone who chooses to remarry is wrong by the way.. Not at all

#1 JStevens96, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2014
  2. BelleFromHell

No, I wouldn't. It'd feel like betrayal. Plus, being the drama queen I am, I would most likely kill myself.

3. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

I guess I feel the same.. So sad to even think about.

4. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We've been together for 16 years and we have actually had this discussion. We both would want the other to go on and be happy with someone else. We are both fairly confident we would be able to do so.

5. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

Wow, I don't know if I'd be able to tbh.

6. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

My mom asked me this once (it was weird) and I said I think would be able to with a lot of time but it would be hard. My mom said she wasn't sure she could, and I told her I don't think dad's dying wish would be for her to be unhappy and she said she just didn't think she could meet someone like him again because he was her best friend ;3;

7. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  8. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

Awh I love your mom

9. Yosia

If i were to die i would want my partner to live and be happy with someone else but i dont know if i could the other way round.

10. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think this is one of those questions that's just impossible to answer until you get there. I don't see much hope for getting into a relationship in the first place, but if I did and something happened to me I would want him to never forget me but move on with his life and find happiness. If the roles were reversed I think I'd have an awfully hard time following my own advice and would probably stay single.

11. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad my grandma's answer to this was yes. My mom's father passed away when my mom was four, and my grandma remarried a few years later. My grandpa is an amazing guy.

As for me? Well, let's just hope I never have to answer that question.

12. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

*turns into toddler* No fair, why do you get the happy parents! :tantrum:

*cough* anyway, I don't think I could. If I loved someone enough to commit the rest of my life to them, I don't think I could get over not being able to do just that. I'd get a bunch (more) dogs and be happy with my memories.

13. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

I love my mom too c:

It.... wasn't always that way! :v But a severe drinking problem made her and my dad rethink all their shit and she thankfully, FINALLY chose to get it together. I wish I could pull you away from yours though, at least mine was, if not accepting, forgetful of what I would tell her so she couldn't disapprove for long ): *hug*

14. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

I'm sorry you had to go through that..... :frowning2:

15. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    haha i don't know.
    in my head, i think it would be a bit unfair since i'm getting the second chance. i don't know if the same could be said about my partner. you spent quite a while with your partner, you wouldn't know what to do with another one. i think it depends?

16. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

Awh..you'll get there bud.. & I agree, probably can't judge until I get there.

17. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

(It's okay, I'm just really really glad she lived and appreciates it finally! I've never seen her or my dad better, it's like I got new parents lol. SORRY I'm not trying to brag it's just really weird to me still? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I hope you're doing okay with your mom though >: I'm really bad at replying to wall posts but you can hit me up anytime okay? )

18. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

I know you're not bragging :] I'm trying to get my parents to like each other more, but that's difficult in a loveless marriage, ya' know? (Don't get me started on wall messages, they're so awkwardly set up) (*hug*)

19. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. As much as some people believe they have a one and only, I think happiness can be found in other places. That's not to say I wouldn't be ready for single life if I had been married for many years :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but I would very soon be open to others.

20. Amorviri

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know, in all honesty. I would only marry if it were true love and the only way I'd remarry is if I fell in true love again (but I'd probably feel really guilty if I did).