1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fear problem

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by artist92, Jun 22, 2014.

1. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always been very easy to frighten. Earlier yesterday, I watched a scary video thats on Facebook where this woman is turning off the lights in her house when she sees a shadow. She gets in her bed turns around and there is a scary girl with pupil-less eyes standing there and it turn the light off. Now I can't sleep, and Im so scared. I know it's just a movie, but I can't get over it. Any suggestions?

2. Sig

Sig

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You could try watching something else, especially something that you know, or think is funny. Just don't leave the scary thing as the last thing with you before you go to sleep.
    And have you got a teddy, or soft toy, or something to cuddle (you're never too old for a fluffy cuddle friend, even if its stuffed in a cupboard until you need it :slight_smile: )

(*hug*)

3. Nikky DoUrden

Dont watch scary movies especailly before bed :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And if u did then watch some comedy or something to "wash out" those images :grin:

4. Data

Data Guest

When this happens to me, I just put a hand on my nightstand and make sure my revolver is there. That's all the comfort I need.

I accept the possibility that there are things we don't understand about paranormal activity. I just assume that if there are such a thing as ghosts, the ones who follow me would be those of dead friends and family who want to make sure I'm safe and sound. Happy ghosts.

5. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Haha I watched that video a while ago, it is creepy. But just remember that its not real.

What helps changes my "perspective" is theres this movie called Beetle Juice, where the dead make a job out of scaring people, besides that they're just normal. If that makes any sense lol

6. BethLauren

I'm really into all kinda of scary stuff, but I'm so easily frightened too! I tend to watch an episode/movie of something bright and cheerful or read a happy book that I know I can lose myself in.

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Seriously, this. I'm usually completely level-headed and good at taking action rather than panicking. But when some particular horror images come my way, I turn into the worst wuss XD. I was reading something on Reddit last night (on a board called /nosleep lol) about a woman who turned out to be suffering from postpartum psychosis. Even knowing it was a treatable mental disorder, it was extremely creepy reading about what her husband experienced with her, and watching the short video he included was seriously disturbing. Threw me off for hours o.0

But the trick is to do precisely what Nikky recommends. Just don't do it before bed and fix it with some lols afterward.

#7 Argentwing, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  8. BethLauren

I love nosleep! And creepypasta. The stories never scare me until a few days later when I'm in bed and suddenly can't stop thinking about them. The only solution is to watch/ read as something happy till my eyes are too heavy to stay open.

9. Toast8971

Try watching something comedic. That helps me :slight_smile:

10. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Honestly not much scares me any more, but that would scare me. I have very negative associations with eye scream.
    I don't recommend the OP to click on that link, just included it so people get what I'm talking about.

11. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ARGH! Me and my curiosity. No sleep for me again.