1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tattoo

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Joey, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    Ok... So my two brothers, our friend and I have decided that since we're proud of being Marylanders and the flag of the state is really cool looking, we're going to get tattoos of the emblem on us. My idea was a silhouette of a crab (since the state is known for the blue crab) and have the pattern of the flag fill in the inside over my heart (shush, I like the placement). Attached is what the flag looks like.

Uhhh.... criticism?

Attached Files:

2. InaRut

Get the Canadian fag. Looks alot better.

I think getting a blue crab could mean more. Because yes you could have a flag to show your maryland pride but for one Blue Crab= Less Money/Less In and for two you could also say associate the blue crab to a symbol between your brother and his friends.

You know. Like a crest.

Kinda like my tatoo

3. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    Well Philly, we're doing different renditions of the same idea. I want to do the crab silhouette, my younger brother wants to do the Natty Boh guy face with the colors of the flag *he goes to school in Baltimore and Natty Boh is the home brew of the city*, our friend Kenny wants to do a shield and above it the colors of DC (where he's from). I don't know what my older brother wants to do....

And I've had this idea for another one if I get the funds for it, and mull it over some more. It's a quote from a Faulkner book called "As I Lay Dying" that says: "...the safe things are just the things that folks have been doing so long they have worn the edges off and there's nothing to the doing of them that leaves a man to say, That was not done before and it cannot be done again."
    I really like that one, and I thought it was a really cool saying since I read the book back in the 10th grade. I just need to know where I would put something that long... But that's for another time lol