1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tattoos (Tattooes?)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sotv, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Sotv

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unsure on the spelling but it's pretty irrelevant.
    So I've been thinking of getting a tattoo for a few years and have wavered on what I want. However for the last year I've been pretty set on two different ideas.
    1) "nihi illegitimi carborundum" on my hip or collarbone
    2) "Keep Right On" on my hip or collarbone

My hesitation is that people always say it makes it impossible to get jobs if you have tattoos (and there is a strong possibility I will be doing law in London) but then I can't imagine them wanting me to strip off for them in an interview?
    Also what do you guys think about tattoos as an aesthetic? It would just be a small bit of cute script.

2. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like tattoos on the thighs, lower back, and legs if they are small, even the stars that people think are cheesy. It's kind of hot. Otherwise, I don't like them. There is nothing worse than those "sleeves" people have.

3. Yosia

I think thats for like visible ones on your arms and neck etc.

I dont think i would get one though. If i did then maybe a cute little heart or star on my hip. ^.^

4. Sotv

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd be worried about getting a 'tramp stamp' though, I don't know how they are seen by the LGBT community when it comes to dating etc.

---------- Post added 24th Jun 2014 at 12:41 AM ----------

I'd be worried about getting a 'tramp stamp' though, I don't know how they are seen by the LGBT community when it comes to dating etc.

5. AlamoCity

I'll be honest, I've seen some "adult videos" and those guys who have "tramp stamps" and are in certain compromising positions that expose the lower back are, shall we say, not my cup of tea :lol:.

-------

Regarding tattoos on guys, while I prefer guys without tattoos, I don't exactly mind tattoos so long as long as they don't touch the face/neck, they aren't too "girly" (for some reason, a guy with a tattoo of, say, Tinkerbell, would make me very uncomfortable), or are weird (like a creepy clown. Scratch that, any clown :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

Also, I may be a snob, but I always snicker a bit at guys who have tattoos in a language that they don't speak.

6. Juggalo

I disagree. Sleeves are hot.

.......as long as it was penned well.

7. timo

I like tattoos, but I don't have any myself. Not yet. Getting a cassette tape on my upper arm once I graduate from university.

About sleeves: this is the best sleeve in the entire universe even though I have no idea who this girl is.

#7 timo, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  8. Hexagon

I love tattoos, and I think they can be an art form and so forth. You won't have any difficulty with employment unless they're in visible places. Don't worry, they won't search you lol.

9. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

And I think there are few things on earth hotter. Speak for yourself, only. :wink:

10. adrianislander

i personally like tattoos but only if they're done correctly. they can be very sexy if done right and made even more so when they have a meaning and from the looks of yours, this one does. to be on the safe side i would suggest putting it somewhere where it can be easily hidden by your clothes so i would go for the hip. it can be distracting when it is located somewhere where that can be easily seen and like you said it could put off someone that you're interested in working for. the important thing is that you feel comfortable with it. if it's hidden then so what? it just has to mean something to you and no one else.

11. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally love tattoos (except for, like, creepy or obscene ones). If it can be easily covered by clothing, it shouldn't have any effect on your career. No one would even know you had it unless you told them.

I don't have any tattoos myself, but I'm thinking about a whole lot of things. I know that I want an ankle bracelet. I really want a pair of wings that covers half my back but I'm not sure if I could do that.

12. DangerAlex

I have four tattoos. Incidentally one on every limb, and one is super visible on my hand at the crook between my index finger and thumb. That's really the only one that, in hindsight, I would probably rethink getting, although I do still love it and get compliments on it all the time. Hurt like a bitch too, definitely the most painful one.

13. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

I like 'em. Employers are getting more and more lenient on visible tattoos. I have a very visible one below my thumb that no one seems to care about. I just got another one yesterday on the inside of my hip bone, and it isn't visible with the type of clothing I wear. Of course, I could show it off with low cut pants if I wanted to. It really is an ideal location. You know it's there, you have it with you at all times, but it's not broadcasted to the world.

14. Live Love Smile

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I agree.

Tatted women are sexy as hell.

I wouldn't worry too much if they're small or can be hidden easily when it comes to work; as I hope you'd be judged on your capabilities rather than your appearance.

15. kyrtap

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I love tattoos and piercings, I think they are all very hot. As far as getting a job, depending on the country you live in I guess. I have been noticing more and more people with high end jobs such as doctors emts lawyers computer programmers and many more with visible tattoos.

16. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hip tattoos are hot. OP, what does "nihi illegitimi carborundum" mean?

17. Hexagon

I think it means something along the lines of "don't let the bastards beat you down"

18. BelleFromHell

Meh.. I'm not fond of them. They look good on some people, but I'd never get one.

It's like changing my Facebook photo. After a month or two, I get sick of it, and want a new one. But with tattooes, you CAN'T replace it. If I got a tattoo, I'd probably have a panic attack within the first week or two of getting it. I don't want to be sent to the "funny farm."

19. 741852963

Its the opposite for me! Dislike star tattoes (just a bit too scene/emo/generic for me) but love sleeve tattoos.

Its not a "must have" for me though. Plain skin can be beautiful as can tattoed.

20. Foxface

I have three myself. All serve as reminders to my self

Always get something that will be meaningful for life