1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Violin Help

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by XTREMEZish, Jun 24, 2014.

1. XTREMEZish

So I play the violin :eusa_booh I love playing it and want to get better. Does anyone know any songs or books to help you increase your skills?

2. Sayu

Hmmm, not really. I always got sheets from my teacher when I was still attending my old musical school. I'd say just find some website with sheets in general nd learn to play songs that you like :slight_smile: In the end it's just practice, practice and practice. The more you play the better you get! Good luck! :slight_smile:

3. Bolin

No, Bach is really not the way you want to go if you want to hone your skills since he's a really difficult composer to play...

The Suzuki violin method books are really good for bettering your skills, and the books are numbered chronologically by difficulty and advanced technique. Most strings students start off using these books.

Müller-Rusch is also a really good series of method books that I used during my first few years of playing, and they helped me out a lot.

You can also look on 8notes for free sheet music. The music there is labeled by difficulty, so you can find some pieces around your level and eventually work your way up on the difficulty scale.

4. eternallyapril

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I play the cello, and I started with the suzuki method. I know that they make suzuki books for both violin and cello, maybe try some of those?