1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendations for a weekend away

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sotv, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Sotv

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So me and my boyfriend have planned a budget weekend away together to Amsterdam. So far we have the cultural stuff (museums and galleries) planned out and one romantic evening (a night time canal boat ride with complimentary wine and cheese :slight_smile:. However I don't wanna spend the whole time smoking bud in cafes so would appreciate any ideas you guys have if you've been there before or even more generic things to do. We have a day to fill and the idea of watching football the entire day doesnt appeal to him :'( :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    All suggestions are appreciated guys :slight_smile:

2. timo

go picknicking at the Vondelpark! or shopping at 'de 9 straatjes' which is way nicer than walking through the main streets.

or both, as they're not too far from each other. the city centre is big enough to lose yourself in just walking around and seeing new stuff. you might end up finding the most awesome places :slight_smile:

3. Sotv

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow didn't think I'd get help from a local, brilliant!:slight_smile: thanks so much! Could you recommend a nice place to eat? (Budget of around £30 a head) cus I don't wanna get stuck in a tourist trap and pay thT much for the equivalent of a maccies :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. timo

Haha, I wish I was a local! :slight_smile: I'm not actually from Amsterdam but I live an hour away, which is why I can't give any more advice about where to go and what to see. And why I can't recommend any good but not too expensive restaurants from the top of my head.

BUT! I did some searching for you, for restaurants near the city center with great reviews, and found this as one I liked most. They offer a 3 course menu for €29,50 (~£24) and are located in the neighbourhood next to the city center. It isn't a very busy tourist area (which I think is always a good thing), but it's still just a 5 minute walk from the shopping streets I mentioned in my previous post. And people seem to be very positive about it.

If I were to go to Amsterdam and had your budget, it's a restaurant I'd give a try :slight_smile: Might have to make a reservation though, because judging by the photos it seems tiny!

5. Sotv

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha thank you, you are a life saver! May have to pass off some of your ideas as my own to my boyfriend though :wink: haha thanks you!

6. Hexagon

They have weed there right?

7. Sotv

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    timo
    Recommendations were great thanks! we cycled round the whole time and went to the park like you said. The ducks are weirdly friendly there and we had an amazing time, especially when Holland went through the World Cup! Thanks for taking the time to help !