1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've decided to start going to a group for LGBT people.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Wuggums47, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I'm still 18, so I still qualify to join a LGBT youth group held at a local charitable organization. I'll be heading off in an hour, but I'm kind of curious what I should expect. I know there will be other gay people there, which is why I'm going, but other than that there wasn't much information. The reason I'm going is because I go to a mostly online high school, and as such have no real life friends, let alone gay friends. Although I do have one trans acquaintance, but other than that nobody. It get's lonely after a while, and with no gay people in my family it's easy to feel alone with that too.

So have any of you been to a group like this? What was it like?

2. Gallatin

I went to my uni's LGBT group. It was nice, but not really for me. Nothing against the people, cause they were all pretty much very nice. It's just that aside from being not-straight, I didn't find much in common with a lot of the people. But I did make a decent friend or two from it, so it was worth it in the end.

3. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I go to a Saturday night discussion group; they are older gay men for the most part. I learn a lot, but I too struggle to find a lot of commonality. The cool thing is the most of these guys are not stereotypical, and you can be yourself. :slight_smile: The one thing that bugs me(as it does here) is people of faith get bashed somewhat. I understand the upset with bigots. What I don't like is people painting us with a broad brush.

#3 QueerTransEnby, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  4. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

At the youth group I go to we eat and talk and sometimes we watch movies or play games or there's a guest speaker. It's really fun! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: