1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by the prince, Jun 26, 2014.

1. the prince

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I saw my brother posting about what life means to him and it was nice :slight_smile:.

I was wondering what does life mean to each of you ?

2. Yosia

Life is about fun and experiences. And candy ^.^

3. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Life is about what you make of it, what you do with it.

4. Data

Data Guest

Happiness
    Pain
    Loneliness
    Anxiety
    Fear

It's something that you get seemingly out of nowhere (nobody remembers being born) and it's something that is eventually ripped from your grasp as you die and cease to exist. Life for me is all about my emotions. Life would be easier without them, but it would be bland. It would be black and white. Even though the pain of loving someone who can't love you back is crushing, and the sorrow of losing a family member who you've known all your life is devastating, I wouldn't give it up for cold calculation in a world without emotion.

My feels are alls I got...

5. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Life is simply something you must enjoy and live today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow is never promised :slight_smile:

6. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's a capricious little fucker. But it's worth it.

I stay alive to spite others and myself. And once I get through the darkness we all go through, I come out donning a shit-eating grin.

I have a feeling I look at life in such a self-centered way. But what the hell, I'm a pretty big ass, so it's to be expected.

Just saw this. You said it perfectly, and I agree. Thank you.

#6 Nychthemeron, Jun 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  7. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

To me, it means being all I can, doing all I can, and making as many people happy as possible. It means not becoming another statistic and being above the crap I've dealt with.
    It means being selfless. And proving that I'm worth it, to myself and at least one other person in this world. It means that I don't have to decide what I want to for the rest of it at any given time, and go where it takes me. It means not wasting away wishing I could have done something I know I can do right now. It means not assuming that I can fix things later, because I might not he the chance. It means loving someone- even if they aren't go you expected to be with. It means standing up for myself, and more importantly, others- because I won't take my courage for granted.

Basically, it means being myself... And being happy.

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Understanding. And secondly to recognize that as of yet, we alone have the ability to soak in the grandeur of existence and just love being. Well, animals succeed at the second part well enough :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but without going into too much detail, it's about growing and preserving our ability to enjoy creation.

9. White Knight

Life is power. Power to change things, make a difference for better.

Life is a chance. Once in a life-time kind... :grin:

10. Simple Thoughts

I don't know really...

Mine doesn't really have any sort of meaning. It's just a string of half-done projects, and ideas I was too lazy to even bother starting. The very few things I did every see through to the end were failures, and my impact on the world has been virtually nonexistent.

If my life does have any kind of meaning it'd be as a point of reference for everyone else to look at and be like, "So that's what being a failure is like" and then they'd know not to be like me and go do something relevant...or twerk. W/e

I don't really think life has any kind of meaning...I think as humans we have the choice and the opportunity to place meaning to our lives. Not all of us are so good at it though.

11. LordofNihil

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is no intrinsic meaning to something so transient. All that is, all that was, and all that will ever be is irrelevant. Life eventually ceases to exist... My hopes, my goals, my achievements... all of those are useless. I can't stop the sands dripping from the hourglass, but neither can I muster up the courage to end myself.

I exist to be a golem, a nearly-lifeless automaton directed by my creators, so that they won't have to hold a funeral for their dear child. There is nothing for me here, as a mortal. Nay, we're all just bits of matter, waiting for time to consume us and leave us with a hollowed shell from which dust is carried by the wind. Mmm... Today's not a good day...

12. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Life is a state of being with no inherent meaning or purpose to which a person can therefore assign their own meaning or purpose.

Happy days :slight_smile:

13. ArthurOK

ArthurOK Guest

Living the present to the fullest, no matter what mood. The only thing that matters in the present is what's happening here, what's happening now. A day can never be wasted this way. That's what life's about, in my opinion. The little moments.

14. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

becoming a godzilla experiment, to become godzillA

i was born for this

15. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

This:

" Maybe, just maybe, there is no purpose in life. But if you linger a while longer in this world, you might discover something of value in it. "

16. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

No problem :grin: and I hope you enjoyed my quote :slight_smile:

17. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

I think a lot of people aren't understanding that he said what it means to you. Not defind by others, but yourself. Not engrained in the universe, but why you continue to want to live.

18. Cass

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow's a mystery, today is a gift, that's why the call it present"

Life is about love, loss, creativity, and well, just being you. For me it is also about following God.

19. Hexagon

Life: (n)
    the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death

20. the prince

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So life means the same thing to you and Google :dry:!!.

---------- Post added 27th Jun 2014 at 07:54 PM ----------

Oogway from Kung Fu Panda :lol:, well it's still nice, and I see that following God is number one about life's meaning to me :slight_smile:.