1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is it different?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Csp1993, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Csp1993

Csp1993 Guest

I want to know why a person who is straight can walk into a room and no one in that room thinks twice about it. However, if a gay, bi, pan, etc. person walked into that same room, everyone in that room would automatically think "Oh there's that *insert LGBT label* person." Why is it that your sexuality or gender identity defines you when you aren't straight or cisgender? What about my personality that would have changed if I was just straight? That's right, nothing. I'm still the same person I was when I thought I was just straight.

Another thing, why does hair and clothing get to rule out our sexuality and gender identity as well? If a girl has a pixie cut or wear guy's graphic t-shirts she's gotta be a lesbian or trans, right? No! If a guy dresses really clean cut and has perfect hair and flawless skin he's gotta be gay! The answer is still no! There physically is no way to tell if someone is gay, straight, bisexual, transgender, pansexual, etc. Sure, we have our stereotypes, but with the diversity today why are we still obsessed with going by stereotypes and having to put everything into a precise category? We are people. We are going to be a little bit of every other category. It's like being friends with a prep, a jock, a cheerleader, a goth person, a hipster, and a nerd. People aren't meant to be put into personality "cliques".

Ok, I know I just kind of ranted, but it was on my mind and needed to get out.(&&&)

2. Yosia

I hate it. Naturally cute boys ruin themselves by making themselves look masculine etc. i think its got less than it used to be though ^.^

3. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

I think because LGTB folks doesn't care much about gender roles. So a guy can has perfect hair or a girl can wear a graphic t-shirt.

Straight cisgender people are slaves of what the other people can think about them.

We are more free.

4. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    *sigh*

I'm beginning to think it's just human nature. Look at racism - Many people don't consider themselves racist, but would refer to someone of African decent as "the black guy". People who are in the minority are labeled as such.

That being said, this site (lookin' at you, Kittyy ^^^) and the state of the high school I went to gives me a great deal of hope for the future.