1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To feel attached to a place and it's people.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Illus1, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Illus1

Just wondering if others tend to feel the same thing.
    Is it possible to love a job, a place, a group of people so much that it hurts to leave?
    See I have this issue with me that I get too attached to places, schools, groups of people.
    And it is hard to leave them, what makes me wonder how people shunt from job to job & place to place?

Have you ever felt maybe you just give to much to something/some people/an organisation? Like you 'love' them more than they'll ever know?

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes. I always do.

I remembered the first time I moved. I cried a lot. Now, every time I go back, I feel this heavy sense of nostalgia.

I want to move to Canada, actually, but I've grown too familiar with my surroundings. It will be a hard and difficult choice, but if worse comes to worse and I have to move to find a job, then I'll have no choice. Life is full of sacrifices, after all.

3. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Upon being dismissed from my place of work after 4 1/2 years, I bawled my eyes out. I had all these dreams about going back for months. I still miss it, and it has been 8 months. I am a guy who identifies with his work very much.

4. Illus1

At least I'm not the only one, it seems in this fast paced world it's almost wrong to love a place so much when slightly better opportunities lie in another place idk it's me I hate moving either homes or for my career or anything. I sometimes feel I'm dumb and crazy to form such attachments...

5. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You aren't alone in that way, either. Heheh.

Like you, I feel quite silly for forming emotional bonds. With anything - or anyone. More than likely, I'll have to leave someday, so why set myself up for hurt?

Honestly, I don't think it's really avoidable. This sort of thing is inevitable. It's pretty much like love. You can't help what (or who) you fall in love with.

That sounded so corny. Dang. But yeah.

6. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

I get this real bad, but I guess my difference is my desire to go new places is way too strong and I always know that (with enough money) I can always go back to a place I was at previously later, and even if things are different I'll still have memories. And with jobs, things would generally change anyway even if I was still there.

Just for some perspective from someone that goes crazy being tied down for too long lol