1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Debate I found online - "Gay is not OK"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cubiculum, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Cubiculum

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I found a debate online discussing whether gay is 'OK' or not.

I'm not sure whether the opinions were fake just to make an interesting debate but I thought it was a good opportunity to read other's opinions.

https://www.debate.org/debates/Gay-is-not-o.k/1/

2. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I already know their opinions all too well unfortunately. I've lived with them for 31 years. I'm at that stage right now in still trying to get comfortable in my skin where I've turned into the "Vancome Lady" from MadTV when they talk. "La, la, la, la, la, la, yeah ok..."

3. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Yeah nothing new there, baseless accusations and unjustified hatred coupled with bullshit statistics. "They make up 1-2% of the population""33% of homosexuals admit to adult/minor sex". And it's not like those studies from the 80s they listed would have any bias right?. And a later statistic says that 1 in 20 homosexuals are child molesters, what happened to their 33% statistic? That's proof their just pulling numbers out of their asses. Pardon my french. And the pro argument stated that they find us disgusting. Well I've got news for them, they are the disgusting ones, and I find them to be morally repugnant.

#3 Wuggums47, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2014
  4. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty and minding their own freaking business?

5. Eye Shine

People are generally not accepting but together we have to change that. It will be a long road and probably won't be fully accepted for a long time to come but we will do change the world for the better.

i also have to say the person doing the con side was very rude and was bullshitting a lot of his info. Also the pro side was very horribly done. I believe that if they actually got a knowledgeable gay person like a gay lawyer. The con side's ass would be trumped. It was very bias over all and you can tell that the pro side wasn't even that supportive. It was either rigged or poorly taken on by whoever was doing the pro side.

6. Eye Shine

People are generally not accepting but together we have to change that. It will be a long road and probably won't be fully accepted for a long time to come but we will do change the world for the better.

i also have to say the person doing the con side was very rude and was bullshitting a lot of his info. Also the pro side was very horribly done. I believe that if they actually got a knowledgeable gay person like a gay lawyer. The con side's ass would be trumped. It was very bias over all and you can tell that the pro side wasn't even that supportive. It was either rigged or poorly taken on by whoever was doing the pro side.

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am fairly sure that the instigator actually did believe gayness is fine and was playing the opposition as a thought exercise. I didn't read far enough to make an informed response to the last few questions though, so didn't reply. Of course I believed in gay rights before the debate and still do after lol.

8. apocalypse

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Homosexuals make up 1-2% of the population" made me giggle. 2 out of 10 people are LGBTQA+, whatever they may mean to them. In my friendship group that happened naturally before any of us were "out" or cared for sex or preferences, there are 11 people, 2 of us are lesbian, 2 bisexual, and 1 agender. Really people? These articles are just silly and I'm surprised anyone believed them. I was talking to the school therapist and he confirmed that out of 480 people roughly 1/8 of the population AT LEAST was some kind of LGBTQA+...

9. sweetgayboy

sweetgayboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    All those people that posted were Muslims too so that also explains there homophobic remarks