1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wearing tv-inspired jewellery

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by XenaxGabby, Jun 28, 2014.

1. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I have a Xena chakram pendant and I love wearing it. But is it weird to wear tv merchandise? I was thinking of buying some more jewellery (maybe from Buffy). Does anyone have any tv merchandise? I just feel kind of weird.

2. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Why?
    I love wearing bandshirts that's kinda similar to this.
    It just shows you like this and that. Nothing weird about that:grin:

3. Silas

Oh I have a ton of tv merchandise and t-shirts, especially Xena related! :icon_wink I keep my keys on a chakram keychain, it looks like this:

[​IMG]

It's a nice conversation starter, people are always asking what it is :lol:

#3 Silas, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  4. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

That is my necklace in keychain form! What other stuff do you have?

5. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I don't think it's weird to wear clothes and jewelry based on things you're passionate about. I have a T-shirt that reads "Bring Back Firefly", and it gets a lot of compliments from fellow geeks.

6. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

image.jpg Thanks for making me feel less weird:slight_smile: I changed my mind. There is a really nice Star Trek necklace in the shape of Voyager. What do you think?

7. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Uuh, that's cute!! Buy it!!!:grin:

8. Silas

Go for it XG!! :slight_smile:

Gosh I collected so much Xena merch over the years I barely had space to fit them all :lol: My fav is a chakram replica I got that cost me a couple hundred bucks (it was worth it though, the new chakram! :icon_bigg ) And my fav t-shirt is one with Xena, Hercules, Iolaus and Gabby all posing together, I still wear it sometimes :slight_smile:

I'm planning on getting a Big Bang Theory hoodie with Bazinga written on it, something like this but in blue:

[​IMG]

#8 Silas, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  9. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

I used to have a dolphin ring my mom got for me because she loves the show Bones. I wore it because of the double meaning for me, with dolphins being pretty sexually fluid and all. I still have it in a drawer somewhere.

10. CTJ

CTJ

This is perfect, I've decided that I need a Game of Thrones t-shirt but due to money issues I can only afford one and i'm torn. I need to decide where my loyalties lie. Do I side with Daenerys and get a Targ shirt or go for Stannis (the one true king) and go for a flaming stag? What do you guys think?

Personally i think the flaming stag would be more apt, with being gay and what not :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

Sorry I can't help you. I don't watch Game of Thrones. I would go with which character you like more and get the items related to that character:slight_smile:

---------- Post added 28th Jun 2014 at 09:13 PM ----------

Please post a picture of your chakram:slight_smile: I have an oversized purple Bazinga shirt that I wear to bed most nights. I would love a replica of Gabrielle's fighting staff but they range from $150- $200. I don't want to spend that kind of money. Maybe one day. I have yet to find a Buffy item that I like, still on the lookout. I would really like a Xena and Captain Janeway t-shirt but I'm worried I'll buy the wrong size. I always try on clothes before I buy them.