1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many homophobic arguments go both ways?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Wuggums47, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I've noticed nearly everything the homophobes say about us could easily be mimicked back to them. As we are social animals, hatred of any one group is counterproductive and thus unnatural. Their sexuality is dangerous to our children because pedophiles that are attracted to adults as well are more likely to be heterosexual than gay or bisexual.. Furthermore they teach children an incorrect ideology, so we should stop them from being able to have children. After all, if I disagree with something, I have every right to interfere with other's personal lives. And the Bible is abundantly clear on this subject, and God created Adam and Eve, not Adam or Eve. Finally I find them morally repugnant and disgusting, and I don't believe their sinful lifestyles should be accepted. I would be more comfortable if they where all transgender, so I should be able to police their genders. I personally am Genderqueer, and because I didn't choose that, it only makes sense that everyone else chose to be cisgender. I don't hate the homophobes, I just think they should keep their beliefs to themselves.

I'm sure there are more arguments they use against us that could be parroted back, if you have any good ones post them here.

#1 Wuggums47, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2014
  2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I agree with you. They also say gay people can't get married because they can't biologically have kids, but neither can infertile people. Or because It's a "religious" thing, yet atheists can get married.

Or how gay parenting is bad because no male/female role model, but nothing is said on single parents.

I also love the "It's just a phase, we all experiment at that age" response....considering I went through a heterosexual phase myself.

3. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wish I had a laundry list going up and down the list about disputing the arguments these people make from the Bible. A friend shared a 21 minute video early today on FB that made me so upset. I know there was a video here, but I wish somebody would give a whole counterpoint video on this stuff. I lost when he compared pedophilia to homosexuality. "Jesus didn't mention pedophilia either, does that make it ok?" Flipping nuts.

4. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Biguy, you should point out that study I linked to about homosexuality and pedophilia to him.

5. mangotree

Thought this was kind of relevant to your question :slight_smile:

[​IMG]

#5 mangotree, Jun 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2014