1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've been threatened and blackmailed in a famous cruising app

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by edy, Jun 28, 2014.

1. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Help this creepy guy says he's going to create a fake profile with my photo stating that I am VIH+

We argued because he said he wasn't interested in a very rude way and I complained about that, I called him rude and ignorant. Then he threw all that crap. It's nonsense

I called the police but since I'm not sure if he made that profile or not they won't do anything. I don't know if I'm going to sleep well tonight, although he only could grab one or two of my pics (I'm wearing clothes), he doesn't even know my first name at all, he doesn't know anything besides how far we are from each other (14 kilometers)

:rolle: I'm a little worried :tears:

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really sorry you're experiencing this, and the guy is certainly a piece of shit for even threatening to do that.

This might help a little: In case you weren't aware, there are probably hundreds of thousands of fake profiles on those hookup sites. I have friends that have had to have a dozen or more of them removed. So the likelihood that it will actually cause you any real harm is pretty minimal. That doesn't make the intent any less evil.

My best advice is to simply ditch the app (and other ones like it). You are very unlikely to find anyone interested in a real relationship on there, and there are a lot of creepers and very broken people.

Keep an eye, but assume that most likely, if you haven't seen anything, it's simply an idle threat that won't lead anywhere. And... if you decide to avoid the app and ones like it entirely, maybe it's a lesson with minimal cost/discomfort/pain, which is always nice.

3. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I swear I was going to ditch the app but now I can't, what if he makes the fake profile? I won't be able to report it

So what if some people think I'm VIH +? I'm not zerophobic at all

4. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd monitor it, but that's just me.

5. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    How¿

6. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well I'm still nervous

7. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    delete the app. problem solved. i think this guy's messing around with your head. if he does make that profile, just simply report it.(that is if you want to stick around and continue with the cruising app)

8. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Delete your profile. Make a different fake one that no one would be interested in and monitor him through that portal.

9. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How does he expect to make a convincing profile with no first name? Pay him no mind; if people see it, somehow make it to your REAL profile and think you're HIV+, you can tell them the truth.

10. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    You know I'm going to delete the app, it seems like he hurt my ego by rejecting me and I hurt his by telling him how illiterate he was, he just came up with a very childish vendetta. I don't mind people believing I'm VIH+, being VIH + isn't the end the world right? :lol:

If I ever find the fake profile my cousin says I can do something legal about, with the GPS technology the authorities can see his exact location

#10 edy, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  11. quietman702

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    edy so sorry to hear about this awful person, I agree with deleting the app all together. If you still want to use some other app there should be settings where your location isn't shown etc.. If the app doesn't have that... ditch it! I have to agree with Chip that the odds of finding your true love on there is more than remote.