1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "little things" and why they're important. Share yours!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PharmGirl, Jun 28, 2014.

1. PharmGirl

Out Status:
    A few people
    So, I finally changed my avatar. I wasn't sure why I was so hesitant to upload a picture until after I did it.

There's a face to my name now, a name to my sexuality, and it all comes back around to the whole "accept yourself" thing.

I think, for me, uploading my picture was a way for me to start accepting that this is real. My story isn't just a phase, it's life - my life.
    I just had a full on sexuality crisis over my avatar. Yeah, totally normal. :thumbsup:

So who else has these small milestones? Surely I can't be the only one over thinking little things!

2. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

Not LGBT related, but depression- every morning at 3 am, a car drives soundly down my street. My dog, AJ, figured out how to open the drawstring blinds and has looked out of the window every morning for months. Yesterday, I was awake and heard the car coming. I opened the window and let her watch it come and go. She was incredibly happy and started doing her 'happy dance'. That little thing really made my day better. I wish I could get that happy over a beat up low rider making a racket. :slight_smile:

3. PharmGirl

Out Status:
    A few people
    That's sweet! What kind of dog is AJ?

4. Illus1

With some tweaking that could be an intro sentence to a novel IMO lol

5. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    when i write in my journal. i consider it a "little thing" that i do, so i guess that's a bit important.

6. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This isn't really a "milestone," but it's the only thing that keeps me sane for half the year. Every non-school morning in spring and summer, I get up at 4:30 AM and jog for an hour to the top of a (small) mountain I live near. Then I sit there for a while relaxing, enjoying the only true quiet of the day watching the sun rise, then jog back home. It helps keep me calm and helped me a lot with my depression (now very subsided) last summer.

7. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

She's a Westie mix. Smartest dog I've ever known. I definitely could write a book on her, or at least make her the main character. Isn't there a movie about a loyal westie who stays by his owner's grave after they die? (I think his name is Hammish or something)
    Anyway. I wish everyone had a dog like her in their lives. :slight_smile:

8. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

Today I saw my nieces and nephews and I love when there like Auntie. They kept giving me hugs and said they loved me. I'm so grateful for my family, just seeing them makes me happy.

9. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

a good topic :3

there is a special dog at my work, as in brain damaged. he is the sweetest little dude and i love him, whenever i get stressed out there i look at him and he gives me a look back. he is just so goofy and happy and fascinated by the smallest and most insignificant of things i cant help but smile, and he loves me back a bit i am pretty sure so that is nice too c:

10. Melanie

Melanie Guest

Uploading my photo was a little milestone for me too. You cant see all of my face, but if anyone that knew me saw it, they would know it was me.

It was a baby step for me coming out...somewhere.. anywhere. I feel like I am ready now. If anyone irl asked me about it today, my response would be "I'm gay".

11. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I changed it so my pic is visible while looking at my wall but not as my avatar. If people ask about me, then I would just ask, "If you're so anti LGBT, what are you doing on this site?" :grin: Problem solved.

12. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Making someone smile or laugh, is probably the biggest little thing I do, daily.

Today, I was driving to meet my father. On the way, I came to a stop at a four-way stop downtown. A car pulled up in the lane next to me, and I saw some a young father (or I'm assuming he was) with his daughter. I, having just stocked up at the 25 cent drink machine in town, overhear the daughter say she was thirsty. The father says, "I'm sorry, baby. We'll have to get something, when we get home."

I shout at my fellow driver, then show him my purp-pop (that's what the cool kids call grape-flavored sodas around here; I'm so hip), to which he looks confused. I tell him, he can have this, because I know how it is to drive around in shitty traffic, and to be thirsty as hell. I toss the soda to him, he catches and thanks me for it.

That should have been it, but his daughter blows me a kiss and says:

" Thaaaaaaaank yooooooou~! "

Immediately, I feel fuzzy from doing a good deed.

It's just helping others, with something simple, like that, that reminds me of how awesome life is.

13. Lady C

Out Status:
    A few people
    I do that too! I wake up at 4 am every morning and jog by the river that is close to my house. I like watching the sun rise, it's a nice feeling that as you correctly said helps a lot. And of course this time of the day everything is so peaceful!

14. CyanChachki

A few hours ago, I made this picture that consists of 4 pictures of me a week before LGBT pride weekend as Jude LeDude (Drag King) and it's shown how far I've come as far as the look it's self goes. I started back in 2011 but didn't officially go outside until 2012. I feel really good about it and I'm happy that I can actually look the part.