1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My First personal experience with homophobia.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Julieno, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Julieno

So this happened yesterday night. (Which was pride!) We were going back home and, when we were parting ways we kissed.

There was a couple on a bench a across the road that we had not even seen (keep in mind that this is a 3 lanes road by night)

Then the guy started yelling at us in loud voice and telling us to go away, that we were disgusting etc...

Then his girlfriend told him to shut up and that it was none of his business.

So we stayed there for a really long kiss (slightly amused) as this guy kept making comments and his girlfriend getting more angry and yelling at him to shut up.

The guy was clearly an idiot and it is quite sad finding people like that, but on the other hand his girlfriend (or whoever she was) was “defending us” quite passionately. It may be an unusual opinion but I didn't give a shit about him and I ended up being quite happy that his girlfriend got angry and that there are people like her.

Anyway, why would you shout anything at two guys you don't know at all? I mean, what if that two guys go and beat you up? We were laughing at it but. To be honest It may have ended badly if he had decided to cross the road. I guess that he was just assuming we were not going to be aggressive because we are LGBT* but that's quite a dumb assumption.

Not posting this with any specific intention just to share and hear your opinions.

2. idefygravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's crazy. It's definitely a moment you'll remember for a long time.

That's really great that there are people like that that will stick up for you and the LGBT community in general. Maybe that man will learn from his friend that it really was none of his business and that he should accept it.

That was a really good approach the two of you had to the situation, though. :grin:

3. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Glad it stayed under control and thanks to the girlfriend !

Had the balance been slightly different it could have developed in to something unpleasant

4. Hexagon

It's nice to know there are people willing to speak up, though.

5. thevenerable

Southeast Asia - yeah it's not just South and East
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Maybe he's jealous because he's closeted gay and now he's unhappy with his life. :grin: LOL!

But seriously, I'm glad that there are people like his girlfriend that're willing to defend us. And always be safe and stay happy with your partner!

6. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Mean as it may be to the homophobe, I'd pay to see him get beaten up. :grin:

7. justjade

Yep, that guy's got a small penis. :lol:

Just kidding. But seriously, people need to butt out. His girlfriend is right. It's none of his business. I'm glad there are people like her who will stick up for us. I'm glad she's so brave because, honestly, I come into contact with homophobia on a regular basis, and I usually just change the topic.

8. Julieno

I am glad that she got angry,hopefully she may help him to stop hi being an idiot or realize he is an idiot and dump him.

But yeah, i would lie if I say that my first thought was along the lines of "well, come here and make us leave". I sometimes don't get how people can live with such a lack of common sense...

---------- Post added 29th Jun 2014 at 06:03 PM ----------

I am glad that she got angry,hopefully she may help him to stop hi being an idiot or realize he is an idiot and dump him.

But yeah, i would lie if I say that my first thought was along the lines of "well, come here and make us leave". I sometimes don't get how people can live with such a lack of common sense...

9. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would be tempted to bow towards the girlfriend and say "Thank you Mam for your good will and tolerance; hope you find someone as nice as yourself to love some day." Then see if her boyfriend wanted to come over and get his ass kicked.

10. kyrtap

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree people need to mind their own business. I see so many straight couples eating each others faces on the street all the time, how is it different. ... ignorance and lack of tolerance, with a dash of stupidity. I also find it amusing how many people think that LGBT people won't fight back, I am gay but I will still wreck your face if pushed to it. Well I am glad that his girlfriend stood up to him, good for her and good for you guys for not letting him ruin your night :slight_smile: