1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Between my daughter and my mother, I'm going to lose it today!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PharmGirl, Jun 29, 2014.

1. PharmGirl

Out Status:
    A few people
    So my daughter woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, to put it lightly. All day she's been crying about every.little.thing.

My great-grandmother has lived with us for four years and she has dementia, so our lives were pretty much put on hold for four years to take care of her. Yesterday, she moved into my grandmother's house (her daughter).

You'd think my mom would be in a good mood today, having slept through the night for the first time in four years, but instead she's on a rampage.

Every little things is pissing her off. I don't want another dresser, I have two as it is! But of course, I got the one that was in my grandmother's room anyway. Now I get yelled at because I didn't make room for it. Mind, I have two male guinea pigs, so I have a huge cage in my room, plus my entertainment center, plus my queen size bed, plus two dressers, plus my desk, plus my art supplies. Where am I putting another dresser? What am I putting in another dresser? :eusa_doh:

My daughter is super tired, super cranky, and I've tried putting her down for a nap a dozen times. Now I've got my daughter yelling at me because she's tired and my mom yelling at me because my daughter is crying. :bang:

Between the two of them, I'm going to lose it today.

I'm a single mother, work full time, go to school full time (and trying to make the biggest decision of my adult life: Continue going for my doctorate in pharmacy or go for my doctorate in oncology) And on top of it all I'm coming to terms with my own sexuality.

Needless to say, I'm in need of some hugs today. Or rum, always could do with some rum. :beer:

2. Minionluvsu

(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*) Here are some extra special minion hugs for you. Have faith, we all have bad days. It'll get better, I promise. :slight_smile:

3. PharmGirl

Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, really need to rant about this again.

My mom starts yelling at me about how I'm the only member of this house that doesn't have to do anything and blah blah blah, I'm not productive. Did she miss the part where I have to take care of my child? That's kind of a big deal. Did she miss the part where I have a perfect GPA? That's not exactly easy to do.

Yes, I'm behind on my laundry and my desk is often a mess of med papers and information of my student loans. Yes, my med books often end up in the living room where I can study while my daughter plays. But, I fail to see how I'm not productive.

In my mother's mind, I'm not productive because the one day I have to myself, I take for myself. I don't go out with friends, I don't have a life, but in a few years time she'll be able to brag to her friends about how her first-born screw up is now a doctor. Pretty nice trade-off if you ask me.

She questions why I'm on anxiety meds, but then puts so much pressure on me to be the perfect house-wife that I'll never be. I will never be good at cleaning, I'll never have dinner on the table before my partner gets home, I'll never be president of the PTA or win mother of the year. I'm a workaholic, that's what I do. But don't say I'm not productive because you're in a bad mood, ya know?

---------- Post added 29th Jun 2014 at 03:31 PM ----------

Thank you (*hug*)
    Today really has just been a bad day.

4. Hexagon