1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asmr

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Anthemic, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm wondering if anyone here is part of the ASMR community. If you don't know what that means, it stands for Autonomous sensory meridian response. It's basically like a brain massage or "braingasm". [Wiki] - "Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) is a neologism for a perceptual phenomenon characterized as a distinct, pleasurable tingling sensation in the head, scalp, back, or peripheral regions of the body in response to visual, auditory, tactile, olfactory, and/or cognitive stimuli."

For example, some people may find it relaxing to watch someone clean a chalkboard or car windows. Some people may like hearing someone speak softly or whisper. Some people may enjoy watching someone tap lightly on a surface or draw/paint. Everyone has a preference.

One man that started ASMR for me is Bob Ross, the famous painter.

ASMR relaxes me a lot, and most of the time, puts me to sleep. :slight_smile:

Here are some of my favorite videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXsFOPpiLyE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5_7UMaoTnk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1gabMmpLpY

2. White Knight

I don't know if it is counts but rain sound always makes me relax and I like sleeping with open window when it is raining. Without any storm or strong winds tho'.

Another thing has that lullaby effect is black fly's noise. Most people find it annoying and they might lose their sleep over it but it makes me feel soooo relaxed.

3. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That definitely counts! A lot of ASMR people actually make videos of whispering while it rains in the background to add to the effect. Rain always puts me to sleep as well. :slight_smile:

4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

:smilewave

Yes I am :slight_smile:

But recently I haven't been relaxed enough to feel the sensations.. :dry:

I love the blowing into the ear and whispering :grin:, but I mostly feel it in my right ear

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

GentleWhispering does it for me. Her voice just goes well with whispering, and it never seems to have that momentary adjustment, that other people have, who do ASMR videos.

Ear-whispering and hair-brushing tend to get me. Strangely, any of the videos dealing with a barber experience, don't work well. Offline, though, the sound of hair being snipped makes me feel relaxed and sleepy.

I sometimes use ASMR videos when I meditate.

6. Hexagon

I've never felt it.

7. GeekMonkey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get ASMR as well, when I was younger I'd watch those horrible shopping channels on TV because for some reason those did it for me.

8. White Knight

Oh I remember one hilarious example...

I never able to see ending of Berserk the Movie (the first one). Tend to fall asleep half way thru it.

I give up trying to finish movie after couple of tries. Now use it whenever I want to fall asleep during day... usually can't sleep on daylight.

9. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh yes! Blowing in the ear does it for me too! :grin:
    I know right! She's one of my favorites! She's so gentle and deliberate with everything she does.
    Haha! That's very interesting. XD I've never seen that movie, but there must be something about it that triggers your ASMR.
    LOL! I love reading about someone's strange ASMR triggers. But oddly enough, I can kinda see what you mean. :astonished:

#9 Anthemic, Jul 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2014