1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confusing sexuality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Hexagon

Has anyone else just said "fuck it" to their confusing sexuality, and labelled themselves queer, or something that feels wholly inadequate?

2. TurtleCat

Yes.

I considered myself unlabeled for the longest time because I didn't really understand my sexuality, and felt like I didn't have enough experience to know for sure one way or the other.

3. AlamoCity

I've been privileged to know from early on that I'm simply attracted to males.

4. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    May seem odd, but though I identify as 'gay' would say I have more-or-less a "fuck it" attitude since I certainly wouldn't classify as the 'Kinsey 6' sort for various reason. Reasoning is that if it ever needed updating, then there won't be any issues in doing so but for the time being it fits well enough. :lol:

5. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Definitely. Sometimes I think we'd all be better off without all the labels, cliques, movements, and whatnot. We know more about how the world works today, but it almost seems like we have this obsessive need to break everything down to its bare components, and that can get tiring.

6. the haunted

Yep haha.
    <----

I like the little one size fits all term.

7. Lipstick Leuger

Yes. I think that may be how many of us get to Queer! LOL

8. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I've been tempted to, I use queer about half the time, usually when I don't feel like explaining what a pansexual genderqueer is.

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I disagree if it wasn't for labels the lgbt wouldn't be where it is today of acceptance .
    I say if you don't want to use one then don't but don't suggest everyone shouldn't be using one . I like labels it's pretty much explains my preferences and what I like , I know it's not for everyone but I like that I can tell people I'm a lesbian and they get what it means .

10. hoodie boy

Yes. I get incredibly obsessive about my sexuality (among other things) and usually end up spending too much time thinking about it. My orientation doesn't change, but how I view my sexuality does. A label lets me move on with my life (at least for a day or two).

11. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Well, sort of. I prefer men so I've told some people I'm gay but I've kinda struggled with my attraction to women and how that fits in. Because honestly, I could live my life happily never being with a woman and die happy but I don't see myself as 100% gay but not attracted enough to women to consider myself bi. Actually, funnily enough, none of my friends were shocked when I came out as gay to them.

So I guess I'd consider myself gray-gay or queer.

12. SaraSempiternal

I said "fuck it" and labeled myself a lesbian because I can love every aspect of a woman.. But yet oddly I'll have very rarely a moment were I'm attracted to a males body.. Then less rare but still not common.. His mind or personality. It'll always go away quickly.

I know no one is ever fully gay that it is rare.. But it makes things confusing when you're sitting here saying "I'm a lesbian" while having the ability to look at a guys ass and think "Damn."...

13. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    there are people in the world that are fully gay or straight . not saying anything about your sexuality or anything but there are people that are . But to say no one is to me is false

14. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm extremely obsessed with my sexuality(HOCD) so I have identified as label free/queer before. I kind of internally identify as gay, but I tell people I'm "not straight" if it's relevant. Mostly in case I turn out to be bi.

15. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a fluid pansexual/bisexual so I usually just label myself as queer. It's easier that way.

16. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As you can tell from my orientation descriptor to the left, I pretty much gave up trying to define it.

17. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I actually thought you were pansexual from what you wrote