1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone explain bigender/trigender/pangender to me?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Wuggums47, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I've been reading up on them, but they confuse me a little bit. Is it like being gender fluid? Also pangender confuses me even more, because there are a ton of genders out there nowadays, and I'm not sure how you could be all of them. How is bigender different from androgyne?

2. Gwendolyn

The only part I can really help you with is the distinction between bigender, androgyne, and genderfluid. I'm pretty sure the bigender is both genders, androgyne is between the 2 binary genders, and genderfluid is movement along the gender spectrum. Aside from that, I'm not sure I can explain it too well.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've heard of bi gender but not trigender or pangender
    with these too and sorry if I upset anything (trigender and pangender )
    that maybe people are starting to make up labels .
    but i'll read more and see how it goes

4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The way I understand it, bigenders experience a strong shift between genders; ie male and female, while someone who is genderfluid experiences more subtle ones, and not necessarily limited by any set number. I'm assuming it's similar with trigender and pangender.

Androgyne basically means you're both, yet neither at the same time. Just like an androgynous expression would combine traits from both, an androgynous identity would be similar: not fitting into either box, yet identifying with parts of both. At least, that's how I see it.

Some androgynes also experience a certain fluidity, some days feeling more feminine and some days feeling more masculine, but I'm not sure if they ever feel 100% one or the other. Someone else with more experience would have to weigh in here.

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    can I ask in terms of using the word Mr or Miss or she or he what is the a appropriate words to use ?:confused:

6. dreamcatcher

Honestly, I'm not sure what the difference between pangender and genderfluid is. It would be nice if someone could clarify on that issue.

7. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well being genderfluid for me is if I feel like I'm a man one day then I'm a man, but if I feel like I'm a woman the next then I'm a woman. Sometimes I feel like I'm both at the same time, sometimes I'm nothing.
    I've never heard of the term pangender though.

8. dreamcatcher

What about genderqueer? Do genderqueer and genderfluid mean the same? Or is genderfluid like a branch of genderqueer?

9. Acm

Acm Guest

Genderfluid is a subcategory of genderqueer I think. Genderqueer is just not male or female, whereas genderfluid means your gender changes over time. Bigender is when you are both male and female, and androgyne is a mix of both I think.

10. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I've heard of people using Mx. which is pronounced mixter, and while I don't mean to offend anyone, that sounds a bit funky to me. I think right now there aren't many good alternatives other than getting a doctorate so you can be called Dr.