1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ladies: Do you ever feel uncomfortable in feminine clothing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by the haunted, Jul 1, 2014.

1. the haunted

I completely identify as female and don't have any doubts regarding my gender, but I can't help but feel totally uncomfortable wearing feminine clothes. When I say feminine clothes I'm talking about floral prints, pinks and purples, dresses, heels, skirts, chiffon shirts, etc.

When I wear that stuff it makes me feel self conscious. Not because I can't pull it off or because of my body, but because I feel like I'm expected to act a certain way. A way that is so unlike me. I feel like it forces me to act in a feminine manner. Something that doesn't come very naturally to me.

I do wear clothes that are made for women, but aren't necessarily girly. Sometimes guys' shirts.

Do any other females feel uncomfortable in feminine or girly clothing? If so, do you have any reasons for feeling that way.

#1 the haunted, Jul 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  2. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All the time.

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Yup, I hate 'women's' clothing.

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I use too but not anymore but it was because of my boobs :confused:, I've found ways to fix that thank you Victoria secret (!)
    I only feel uncomfortable in slutty clothes I'm a bit of a conservative dress I don't dress sexy although I guess some people think it's sexy >.<

5. SaraSempiternal

I love floral pants! But I can't do skirts or dresses.. Or flats or heels.. ;~; So I can kinda relate?

6. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

I actually like the contrast between how "ugh" I look when wearing cute floral prints and stuff that part doesnt bug me at all I'd have no problem telling people to screw off in my flat monotone boy voice wearing that stuff lol, but I get self-conscious about my thighs and gut so it's like, ya win some ya lose some

7. thekillingmoon

Yeah it's not my cup of tea so to speak.

8. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    YES! always.

9. GeekMonkey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to, for the very same reason, I do not naturally "act" in a feminine, ladylike way.
    But nowadays I just act the way I act and wear what I like, which mostly turns our to be feminine clothes, and if behaviour and clothes don't match up, so what.

10. IJustWantToLove

Yes, just yes, to pretty much everything you said (except the purple, I like purple, and I occasionally wear pink, if the style makes up for it).

[​IMG]

11. Sig

Sig

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes. Skirts and heels Ugh.

12. sammy1

Yes! Just a couple summers ago I started dressing girly by wearing dresses and pink clothing etc and I like all that stuff now but when I wear stuff like that I feel like it doesn't match my personality or somehow think I am wearing it wrong lol

13. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    High five. I feel exactly this way.

14. Lipstick Leuger

Nope. I can change my tire, or clean out the evestroughs, just as easily in a dress and heels as I can in jeans or tennis shoes.(not that I would recomend going on a roof in heels.....)

My wife however, is a Butch and feels very, very uncomfortable in girly things, even hates panties, and prefers sports bras. She is smaller and it is hard for her to find guys things that she is comfortable in that fit her.

Anyone see this campaign?

http://queergenderarts.wordpress.com/2013/04/07/butch-not-like-the-other-girls/

15. Hyrule Wayfarer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah it is something I have been working on for a while. I feel extremely uncomfortable in skirts and floral prints. Feminine body language and things like dancing make me feel so awkward. :help: When I was growing up I felt so pressured to act a certain way to hide my lesbianism, but I also felt I should act more masculine because of it. :confused: As the years have gone on I feel more comfortable in feminine clothing as ive felt more comfortable with my sexuality. :icon_bigg

16. Melanie

Melanie Guest

I don't feel uncomfortable. I usually wear close fitting clothes like leggings and a close fitting tee, I like feeling feminine and I do. It's just not conventionally so.

17. Thedistra

I despise them, so always uncomfortable in feminine clothing.

18. Smiley Reptar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I like dresses on occasion, but most of the time clothing like that makes me feel just generally awkward.

19. yeah only when i feel like my skirt is too short. i feel like someone is gunna tap me on the shoulder and say sorry i can see your underwear, pull your skirt down or something haha.

and in heels, never wear heels. cannot will not. some wedges... yeah, heels no.

other than that no.

20. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ALL THE TIME! I thought I was the only one! I kinda just waved it off though as being part of my tomboy nature :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: