1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ignorance and Stereotyping

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by idefygravity, Jul 2, 2014.

1. idefygravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yesterday I went to a music festival with a friend. It wasn't until the end of the night when we met some people on the bus that we realized how ignorant some people really were.

We had a fantastic time seeing One Republic. We had to find our way to our bus to get home, which was fine, but by this time it was close to midnight. We were tired. And honestly, all I was thinking about was getting home.

Both my friend and I aren't straight. I am unsure of my orientation completely, but for the most part, we're both lesbian. We didn't make it known, because unless we were holding hands or something, how would they know?

There were a group of college-aged guys who were standing behind us. It was quiet enought for a while, but then we heard the words "gay" and turned around. The guys were pointing and laughing and talking about us. According to them, lesbians wear plaid together. Coincidentaly, my friend and I both did wear plaid that day. Then, they began talking about having sex with girls abnormally loud and glancing over at us.

This might just be my paranoid self, but I thought that was completely unnecessary. Just because you wear plaid doesn't mean you're gay. And if you are, who cares? You don't have to go out of your way to try to make others uncomfortable.

2. Jenna0780

It's hard to believe that they've actually had sex with anyone, based on this.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

LOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

I liiiiiiiike you!

4. Jenna0780

LOL! Thanks!!:icon_bigg

5. Yosia

Lets kill everyone like that!! Whos in?? ^.^

6. BelleFromHell

This is a big reason why I refuse to come out of the closet anymore. Lesbian stereotypes have caused me a lot of self-esteem issues. I wish I could wear makeup...

:roflmao:

7. idefygravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah. people just really don't understand how much of a negative impact they can make. You can only ignore it so much and for so long.

8. BelleFromHell

*Grabs katanas*

HELL YES.

9. SaraSempiternal

:dry: Males. :eusa_doh: :tantrum: :***: :bang:

10. Lipstick Leuger

There is nothing wrong with you, people are assholes.

And I agree, they have obviously never had sex, nor have they ever been in the North during the Fall/Winter....all chicks are lesbians here if we go by that!

11. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Funny if your wearing stereotypical lesbian things people think your lesbian but if your a femminze lesbian wearing non stereotypical clothing then your not a lesbian even if you with a lesbian and some of them think they can hit on you . Some people are just plain ignorant

12. thelamekidd

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm pretty sure they're all virgins who will never get laid if they continue to sexualize girls like that, and who cares if you wear plaid? Wear whatever you want. Screw them.

13. idefygravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's true. People wear plaid constantly.

Honestly, looking back on it, when they were talking about gays I should have said, "Yeah, we are. Got a problem with that?"

14. BreezyB

One day I was walking home from work and a Guy calledarf me a faggit from his car but I was so high all I could was laugh at him I always laugh at people like that it makes them very upset

15. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

What a bunch of dicks.

16. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

When people flip me off, I blow a kiss. It pisses them off so much.

17. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    They're immature and ignorant fools.

18. Alexander69

LOL turn around and knock them out! sorry just kidding...... well maybe not but don't do that. just ignore dumb assholes like that seriously once a bully always a bully. what they did to me is bullying 100% to talk shit about you when you basically acknowledged that you heard them when you both turned around. they were looking for drama so good for you for not giving in. this is a side of me that doesn't usually come out as most here have seen but lately i've been very aggressive and bitchy. but again good for you for not reacting to them dumb ass holes!!!!! props to you guys!!

19. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Yesterday I told my mom about some of the homophobic companies out there like cracker barrel and Chick Fil a, and her exact words where "Why don't we just round them all up and shoot them(the executives)?"

I agree I doubt those people have had sex with anyone.

20. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think, one day, I will walk into one of these homophobic companies' parking lot and kiss a dude in front of their damn faces while farting out rainbows and wearing a pink tutu.

assuming i pass of course... dammit

I also hate stereotyping and I honestly cannot understand why people find it so damn funny. It hurts people, and it makes you look like a, yes, ignorance asshole.

It find it hard to laugh in the face of asshole-ness but I guess it works. I learned the hard way that they just want to get you riled up. It's stupid. But that's how some people work.