1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Labeling

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by biffle50, Jul 2, 2014.

1. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

Why do you label yourself?
    I believe that sexual orientation is a spectrum but it's not just black and white.

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

If you're asking why I label my sexuality, It's mainly because even though labels can be silly, it helps with communication on who you are and what you're looking for. Some labels do get overcomplicated though.

3. Hexagon

I label myself queer because it's something of an anti-label. As I mentioned in another thread, it's code for "fuck it, this shit is complicated".

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Because I'm a lesbian and I don't like straight men hitting on me because I'm not attracted to them next :dry:
    this is what I don't get about the anti label people if they don't like labels why do they not just go label less , if sexuality is up to the person why can't labeling be , I mean you say ok do way with labels , I don't want labels they box me in I hate labels their for soup cans . Then why are you still using a label if you don't like it just go label less why do you still need one ?
    Shouldn't people have the option to decide if they want to label or not it's not a requirement you don't want one don't bother using it . Instead they run around blaming society and even the lgbt community and Oh society boxes us in . You don't like it just cut to the chase and don't use it problem solved let the people who like it use and you go without one . Instead of running around telling everyone not to use them and advocating not to use them , it makes me wonder why are you guys torturing yourselves just don't use them simple as that if you don't like . If sexuality is up to the individual shouldn't labeling be too stop complaining and just do away with it if you don't like it so much why are you still using a label then if they aren't necessary it's like your contradicting yourselves :dry:

#4 stocking, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  5. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

That's true but all I want to see is your opinions and I respect all of them.

6. Akane

^ Totally agree.

I am a genderfluid lesbian. Not only do I believe sexuality is a spectrum but gender expression is as well. And for me, lesbian generally means that (YOU) are a self identified female (gender or biology-wise) that is exclusively or almost exclusively sexually/romantically attracted to other females (again, gender or biology-wise) I say this of course because I have a thing for transmen as well as cisgender, androgynous, and genderqueer females. So sometimes I simply say I am attracted to females, rather than lesbian so I won't deter any trans or trans* persons from asking me out. :wink: But unfortunately, that still might deter transmen. :/ Not sure what to do about that...

To further prove Fallingdown7's point, this label is overkill. :eusa_danc I win...I guess.

---------- Post added 2nd Jul 2014 at 06:54 PM ----------

:eek: *whistle* That was a read. :slight_smile: Sounds like you just about had enough of it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I :eusa_clap you though. Good thing that came out.

---------- Post added 2nd Jul 2014 at 06:56 PM ----------

I sometimes identify myself as queer but then I still have cisgender heterosexual men hitting on me... -___-

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I agree with most of what you said but trans men are not women they are men .

this is not for the person I'm quoting by the way
    I think sexuality is a spectrum but it's not for Everyone I think some people honestly do not get how come one can be monosexual because it's like everyone is talking like if everyone is multisexual

#7 stocking, Jul 2, 2014
  8. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i like the, women.....

9. Lipstick Leuger

Yep, me also.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Honestly I don't get it with some people in the anti label crowd
    Just get rid of everything and be done with if you don't like labels don't bother with lesbian , gay , bi, pan or even queer . Just be done with every thing .
    Unless maybe you want everyone else to be label less like you that's why you keep advocating it so much :confused:
    because I've seen people just go without a label . if you don't like labels why do you then need one then that's the question . what are you trying to prove is what really make me wonder just go label less and end your frustrations with labels , why drag everyone else with you who is comfortable using a label and like one .
    Man this question just keeps going in my head like why don't some anti label people keep it simple and just not use labels when it comes to themselves , what is it you want everyone to be mulitisexual ?, really what is the problem? , must you then tell everyone not to use one and hate it just as much as you hate it , it's like you don't like eating turkey you wouldn't eat it, why running around trying to get people to hate it as much as you ? Now this isn't every anti label person but from what some of them say it really comes off that way .

#10 stocking, Jul 2, 2014
  11. Acm

Acm Guest

I like having a word for how I feel and it helps when other people ask. I guess it's easier for me because it's less complicated, I only like one gender so I don't have as big of problems with labeling. I think everyone should have a choice if they don't want to use a label that's fine but for people that want labels they should be allowed to use them

12. Akane

Eh...yeah, I figured people will get confused. Transmen are women in the sense that they still have XX sex chromosomes, that cannot be changed. That is what I meant. They are still BIOLOGICALLY female, even if they might not the anatomically so.

13. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    unless your talking before they transition and you think their women then I can see why you think that way . even though I disagree with this , I think transmen are men before and even after their transition . even if they have the XX chromosomes or not . gender is define by the brain not just between the legs .
    I think this is why many lesbians date trans men because they don't see them as men your defining them by what's between their legs and not their true gender .
    I take it in this case you don't date transwomen because you think their men

#13 stocking, Jul 2, 2014
  14. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

There are biological females that have XY chromosomes you know. In the way they are born with vaginas, develop breasts, and look 100% female, but the XY is still there at birth and you'd never be able to know that. But it wouldn't make anyone any less lesbian or straight (male) to be attracted to them especially when there's no way to tell.

So I find this argument to be silly, especially in regards to trans people who have SRS. Trans men are men; the XX chromosome doesn't make them women, just like women who are born with vaginas + XY chromosomes are not men.

15. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This

16. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

I don't use technical terms, usually. I've gotten asked if I was a boy or a girl by little kids every time I go out for the last 5 years. I usually say person, and they're satisfied with my answer. If my orientation is questioned, I say.....

<---------
    Because my genitals aren't anyone else's business and girls are hot.
    'Nuff said.

17. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Lately I've been debating just going by queer, because nobody has any clue what a pansexual genderqueer is. I feel a bit ridiculous calling myself that, but it's more accurate than queer, because queer could mean pretty much anything.

18. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I remember when no one knew what bisexual was and everyone learned the term when more people started coming out as it . but if you think queer is better for you you can go as queer if you want . It just means not straight.

@ ibtiamat didn't see your comment till now yeah I've had it , I love labels but I know not everyone else does but I think it should be up to people to decide if they want to use them or not it's not a requirement and I don't get why people are acting like everyone is required to have a label because I always thought it was an option . I know most of us want to be like the straight people where no one questions us but if the world was accepting that not everyone was straight people would still have to use the labels when it came to dating even straight people but just because of that doesn't mean it's a requirement . It's just an option
    Love you too .

#18 stocking, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  19. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I label myself because I don't want to explain that I'm a biological female who identifies with the male gender and also is not sexually attracted towards anyone, but is romantically attracted to men under the condition that I know them very well, and I may also date anyone else, but also if I know them very well, and although I will, it's not really preferred.

It's easier if I just say I'm a demihomopanromantic asexual trans man.

Does the demihomopanromantic label exist?

I just used it, so it must be.

But for goodness' sake, I'm just using homoromantic for now because no one wants to see demihomopanromantic on my profile, not even me, and I sincerely hope the homoromantic people out there don't mind.

20. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    maybe your just a demisexual panromantic if you want to make it simpler being that your a guy and you can fall in love with anyone ?
    you can just say the top if your romantic with all sexes and it doesn't matter the gender
    if your only into men romantically but can have sex with them after knowing them
    then homoromantic demisexual if that works
    just throwing it out there , hope it helps .