1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

about lgbt groups ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Jul 2, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    In lgbt groups does the group go around saying their sexuality like when they are about to start it and what discussions usually go down in them ?

2. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    good question

3. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It really depends on the group, the size and the topic of the day

4. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I was in a group like that today, and we didn't go around saying our sexualities, just our preferred pronouns, which was useful because I wasn't the only genderqueer there. In mine we didn't talk about anything serious until later, at first we just played charades and a non drinking version of never have I ever. Later on we started talking about LGBT topics, like what was going on in the law, and I talked about being genderqueer, and how there are some unique issues that happen with that.

5. KayJay

The one I was at last summer we didn't have to say our sexuality. At introductions we gave our name and preferred pronouns. A few meetings after though we started talking about things which did reveal peoples orientations for the most part.

6. wanderinggirl

I've never had that happen, only the pronouns thing. I feel like it's pretty rude to be like "everyone go around and define themselves by who they're attracted to because that's the most important thing about being in this group!" I feel like asking pronouns is more relevant in terms of interacting with other people; asking about sexuality is more personal and irrelevant to how you relate to other people during normal conversation.

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah that's true maybe it's better they take the time and get to know you .

8. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, ours is a men's discussion group for gay and bisexuals more affectionate to men(which would describe yours truly) than women. We introduce ourselves and something noteworthy that has happened during the week. There are two envelopes that go around the table: one for donation and another to track general stats. We just indicate what county we are from, whether we are transgendered male, genderqueer, or cisgendered. Another section for age, sexuality, and our county of residence. So, in effect, it is semi-anonymous. These are kept more as an aggregate total for the meeting for funding purposes from donors than anything else. It's still semi-anonymous. I was the last one to fill out the sheet with the tallys so I got an idea of the general demographics, and I was the only bisexual there. Surprise, surprise....