1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An awkward situation.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DarkClarity, Jul 3, 2014.

1. DarkClarity

So I've lent money to a friend of mine and they were suppose to pay me back on Monday. It quite a large amount (£340) I've lent (at least to me it is). And I do now really need it back. But the problem is that I've just found out the reason why my friend hasn't paid me back is because they've been in hospital, recovering from a very serious operation and now I feel bad for pestering them.

I suppose my question is what would do in my situation? Tell them to forget about paying me back or still ask for the money back?

*sigh* At least I've learnt don't expect money back that I've lent.

2. Hexagon

Maybe just wait a little while, then ask for it back once your friend has recovered?

3. DarkClarity

The problem is I have absolutely no idea how long it will take for my friend to recover and the operation may have not been successful and I'll try to get some money from elsewhere but if I don't get it in a few weeks time, I'm screwed.

4. Hexagon

Maybe wait a week or two, then ask your friend, explaining why it's so important.

5. i wouldnt ask straight away, like someone else said wait a while but gently say that you need the money back.