1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poem Daddy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Isaac, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Isaac

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I love You Daddy

Daddy you took a chance for her heart, and never once did she lead you astray
    Daddy you took her hand, and waltzed through the years with no other but her by your side.
    Daddy you dared to dream of all that you could be with not by yourself but to another, and you both made those dreams true.
    Daddy you bound yourself to her soul and never again shall either love another.
    Daddy I felt in the first moments of my life the power of love as you held me so tight.
    Daddy I remember how you ran beside me on my bike, kissed my bruises when I had fallen, and laughed with me when I was sad.
    Daddy I remember being your little girl, but to you I will always be your little angel.
    Daddy I remember there were some sad and scary times, but together as a family, we pulled through.

Not for any reason or fault unto your own, things changed, and I grew up

I see you cry with pride as I leave to better myself, don’t cry, because I love you daddy.
    Let me aide you’re sick and fading heart, I don’t want to see you in pain because I love you daddy.
    Let me hold your hand by your bedside as you once did for me because I love you daddy.
    Let me take away the fear you have of the unknown, and I be your light, because I love you daddy.
    Let me be the adult as I have always been and take care of you, because I love you daddy.
    Let me believe that the strongest man I ever knew will not fall so easily because I love you daddy.
    Let me not see the only man in my life that I need more then ever be stolen form me, because I love you daddy.
    Let me not be afraid to let you go, because your time has passed more then what they thought, but you will not be here for ever, even though I love you daddy.

On this day it is not the weeping willows who eyes are drowning but my heart that is breaking. I knew this day would come, and you have slipped from my hands. I will always remember you…because I love you daddy.

(This was written for a friend, I hope you feel better, and in some or anyway, this helps).