1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Friendzone

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by biffle50, Jul 5, 2014.

1. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

I have been friend zoned plenty of times and it hurts but I get over it.

My question is have you ever been friend zoned and how does it feel?

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was friendzoned by a friend I had a crush on. But I had given no indication I liked him any more than I'd like a friend and I would have lied if he had asked me, so I guess I deserved it. It still sucked, though.

3. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

I know it sucks. Things happen for a reason.

4. PaganPoetry

I don't think there's such thing as a friendzone tbh....I doubt the person was like "hmm I'm not attracted to them but I know they like me so I'll just put them in the friendzone"...they might not even know you like them!

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It seems really immature to me. If someone doesn't want to date you, then you're just not dating. They don't place you into a special corner designed for the sexually frustrated. It means that someone's not interested in you.

To be honest, I think that people who complain most about the friendzone often don't even qualify as friends of people they're obsessed over. But I guess it's harder to call it rejection flat-out then soften it by calling it the friendzone and pushing the blame onto the person who rejected them. Sometimes it isn't even rejection; it's that the person complaining that they're in the friendzone hasn't made a move and expects their interest to be automatically assumed.

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As a person with a completely dysfunctional and unchecked sense of sexual entitlement to other people's bodies, I have often considered myself as having been "put" in the friend zone. Non-consent is something other people do "to" me.

7. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

*bhilds lego sex-having chamber* this where, the hot ppl go

*bhilda mega blox FRIEND ZONE* i am putting the others here hahaha >:slight_smile: they cNt have thia flabby white booty , unless they treat me like a hot mess jerk!!!!!

*isput into a hundred friend zones* okay how to put coins into women, to entitle my waY into sex, out of this megablox PRISON SYSTEM.........

---------- Post added 5th Jul 2014 at 08:06 PM ----------

twenty seven american statws doolars to get out of the FRIEND ZONE and into he sex zone? not in nevada!!!!

8. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I don't believe in the friendzone really. If someone isn't attracted to you they just aren't, and shouldn't feel guilty about it.
    I've been rejected by friends before, but these days I'm kind of glad since most of them were straight girls and I don't want a straight girl to be interested in me.

#8 Fallingdown7, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2014
  9. Foxface

I apologize now if this offends...but the whole concept of the friendzone to me implies that said person somehow "owed" the friend something...and i believe that is terribly false

10. tulipinacup

I agree with the posts above. You don't "owe" anyone that you treat with friendship or kindness and expect that they would suddenly fall in love with you.

11. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

I respect all your opinions. But to me the friend zone means that you like a friend but they don't reciprocate the same feelings back. To them your seen as only a friend. I've been rejected but I'm happy I still have the friendship. So what I do is try to respect how they feel. I mean you can't force someone to like you. The friendship with the person is more important. Please respect my opinion:slight_smile:

12. Colours

I mean does it count when your best friend decides to date you for a month when you tell him about your feelings for him but then breaks up with you because he'd rather just be friends again? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I never really counted it as being friend zoned, rather as utter hell the way I felt back then. But all is well in the end, we're still great friends.

Other than that, I've been there but only back when I was dating girls.

13. Candace

I've been friendzoned, and I don't necessarily look at it as a bad thing, per se, since I look back at it and realize that it wouldn't have worked out anyway. It's better than them actually hating you and vowing to never talk to you again, right?

14. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

Yeah right, I think of it as it is what it is.

15. Hexagon

I wanted to date a guy who didn't date me, if that's what you mean. I'm not fond of the concept, though.

16. kem

kem

I think I might've inadvertently friendzoned a lot of girls. I myself have only been rejected by a friend who I went out with earlier, but broke up with due to lack of attraction on his part.

17. janke

I agree with the posts above concerning the Friendzone term, but ignoring the idea of owing people love as it emplies, I'll elaborate.

I've not yet confessed romantic feelings enough to really have had unrequited love, because I usually like older people (usually about 2-4 years older than me lol but I'm not Lana Del Rey. It depends on the friendship and I'm still in high school.) and never confess unless I know it's a mutual feeling, and it's usually easy to know when.

One of my friends, a Junior guy, had another Junior guy (gay, but not nice and very manipulative. He stole my phone pretending that I had lost it and read my super private, as in only I can see them, blog posts that state my sexual orientation and could tell the school at any point) confess his love to him. Friend didn't feel the same way and is bisexual though only I know. Manipulative Junior Guy was not pleased by the unrequited love and goes around now telling everyone (falsely) that my friend's gay, which he can't deny because he is bi, but he doesn't want to come out yet.

Basically, it's a mess and the idea of entitlement is dangerous and ridiculous.

18. Beetle

I never liked the concept of the "friendzone" for the reasons people already listed.