1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are some ways to meet gay guys?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by confuseduser99, Jul 6, 2014.

1. confuseduser99

I really want to find someone. It seems like the only way for gay guys to find each other is at gay venues. A gay bar, club or gay social gathering. Am I right in making this assumption? It seems next to impossible doing so outside of these circles, since most men aren't gay.

2. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can, in theory, meet gay guys anywhere. The issue like you say is finding them and knowing they're gay. Short of gay neighborhoods--which is, I suppose, just a larger gay venue--it's going to be rough to actively look anywhere else. Lots of people stumble upon gay guys other places but you have to cross both hurdles of knowing they are gay and them knowing you are gay--both of which can require a great deal of openness and comfort with your own sexuality. The other way is to meet people through people--if you aren't comfortable with/successful in gay venues this may be the best way but it requires cultivating a large circle of friends who are aware of what you are looking for--which again requires a great deal of openness and comfort with your own sexuality.

3. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Well here are some;
    Gay bars
    That's the only one I know haha but I don't drink, I'm like way to young.
    But I mean there is also the more natruak way you're walking an some guy just looks at you, and sometimes strikes up a conversation.
    Or idk maybe school if you still go to school.
    Or maybe simply sitting somewhere a guy sees you and walks over to you and again, strike up a conversation. Oh I forgot to mention, maybe a dating site.
    I'm sorry I'm not very good at this xD

4. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wear a rainbow wristband and see what happens? I am going to try it(very selectively) of course.

5. Kabuki

I agree with bi_guy here. If you can't find any gay men, then let them find you. Using something small, but visible, might send the message to other guys around you. And like bi_guy said, be selective on when or where you'll use said item, because since you are not fully out yet, you might want to avoid the places where people you know might visit frequently.

Apart from this your only choice is to visit those places or meet lots of people so you may get more chances of meeting gay people.

6. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I'm totally gonna try this xD
    At the next public place I go to xD
    and after I buy one....

7. confuseduser99

Hmmm... Maybe I'll try this, but very selectively as you say. Where can you get rainbow bracelets?

8. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Online or your local LGBT resource center. :slight_smile: Every once in awhile, this noggin has a good idea. :grin:

9. Candace

See if you can find an LGBTQA alliance on a school's campus or something. That's what I did :slight_smile: