1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hurricane Gustav in Jamaica

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by beckyg, Aug 28, 2008.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I've been watching it because its headed for Louisiana. I just heard that its coming down on Jamaica. I hope Alex is okay.

2. lodiug

Oh snap!! Be careful alex!

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    The last hurricane I called Adam and asked if he knew a hurricane was headed for them. He gave me a "YES MOOOOOMMMMM!" :roflmao: So today he calls and is wondering why I was not worried about him with a Category 3 hurricane headed their way. Kids....you can never please them. :roflmao:

4. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol yeah that's true Becky. He wanted to make sure his mom knew what was going on. :slight_smile: I hope the states and surrounding islands are okay when/if Gustav hits.

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Adam called this morning. Michael is home taping the windows and gathering documents and things for their evacuation. Michael is also taking all his patients from the rehab center where he is a counselor. They have a van they can use there. Its going to be a slow trip up North. They will be staying in another rehab facility until the hurricane passes. Hopefully their rickety old house will still be upright when they get back. Adam tried to get renters insurance but they stopped writing policies two hours before he contacted them because of the hurricane. They've bought some nice furniture in the last few months. However, that can all be replaced eventually if something happens to it. The most important thing is they have an evacuation plan.

I can't spend much time here today. I've got masses of work to do with closing out my end of the month books for my child care business and our PFLAG newsletter editor is on vacation so I'm in charge of the newsletter this month. I've got that to do also.

Send good thoughts to the people in Louisiana and others that may be affected by this hurricane.

6. sdc91

Yup... but keep in mind all of us here on the Texas coast, too... we're still in the projected path also. And MS/AL.

7. shakerdancee

<3 California

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Its a category 5 now. :frowning2: