1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clasification?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GoodOlMe, Apr 20, 2007.

1. GoodOlMe

Well as most of you know, gays usually get stereotyped into being femmy and squeemish. I'm just curious what you guys are like? for example Jock, feminine, average joe, etc etc. Specify your answer

I'm not sure what I would be classified as. I'm thin, but athletic and defined. Great taste in clothes and love to go shopping, but people dont know that unless I tell them. I am obsessive compulsive and hate things that are dirty or unorganized. So maybe i'm an average joe that looks good :slight_smile:
    Plus I make guys jealous cuz i make friends with girls WAY easy, but little do they know IM GAY AS THEY COME haha

2. Steam Giant

While I wouldn't say that I "act gay," per se, I don't quite "act straight" either. When with friends, for example, I like to be close to them, like sitting near them, putting my arm around them, etc. This is what lead them to say that I am "in touch with my sexuality," while they still think that I'm straight. As far as classification goes, I think "geek" works pretty well ^^

I'm huge on order, but in a disorderly way. For example, the floor of my room is typically covered with junk, but I can reach into the pile and find what I need instantly. Then, someone tries to "clean up" my "mess," and I lose things ; ;

3. William1

I dunno ... nobody seems to guess I'm gay. Like I'm very untidy (when I'm home my room is always a mess) and I don't much care how I look. I like to be clean, that's all.

And I mainly like boy's things, like footy and skateboarding and stuff, but I'm totally not a jock. I hate shopping, specially for clothes (that's why I like having a school uniform) and I have no sense of style at all. Like I don't even really know what a sense of style is, LOL!

So I dunno what all that makes me. :confused:

4. xequar

Although stereotypes are a bad thing, it is worth noting that there is a kernel of truth to them... Being clean and well-dressed is part of the "gay" stereotype, too.

As for me, I am a clean person, and I've been told I dress well (although I wonder about that...). I am an avid cyclist, so although jock doesn't seem to to apply, I am athletic. Beyond that, I have also been known to put my arm around friends and/or give random hugs, although the latter is not necessarily a frequent occurance. Beyond that, I'd say I'm just an average guy...

5. Chuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, I guess I don’t fit the stereotype, since none of my friends have ever suspected – as far as I know anyway. I’m a neat freak, but I think that’s more to do with being a Virgo. My closest friends since high school have always been female – don’t know if that says/means anything? I follow most of the sports that other guys do (aussie rules, cricket, etc), although I’m definitely not a blokey bloke.

Funny thing happened last night actually. The one friend who knows about me came around to take me shopping for some new clothes for us to go out this weekend and she brought a male friend of ours along too. During a conversation about cars (which I know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about) he told me I was a girl! He didn’t mean it in an offensive way (too complicated to explain the context exactly) and I didn’t take any offence to it, it just made me laugh. So although I don’t think I’m stereotypically gay, I’m obviously not stereotypically straight either!

6. Worthy_Of

I'm not the most flaming gay person in the world, but then again, I've noticed that I don't have any glaring manly traits either. Honestly, I don't really care if people percieve me as gay or straight anymore.

7. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I met a guy who had great taste in clothes, loved shopping, was OCD and hated dirt and disorganisation, plus had a ton of girl friends, I would immediately assume they were gay, so I'm thinking your high school buddies are a little clueless.

I would class that as "gay." Not necessarily femmy but definitely not straight.

8. SpikySpice

Actually, there is no classification for gay people. Because gay comes in manu shape, colors, sizes, and personalities + hobbies or interestes.

There are no rules for gay society. It's like a big bowl of mixed saladm you can find various types.

They say that now that strait dudes like to go shopping more than gay, because they really care about their outside looks, too.

In my school, there are gay guys who don't have clean bodies and they smell like rats.

What about jewelries? I don't know but one time I was asking my girlfriend if she liked it when I got an earting on the left side. She said no, because the lefty earings are for fags. I was not sure if that statement is right, but I notices that most of the gay dudes have earings on their left sides. So she ment that the right side is for staright? And both side is for bisexual???.....!@#$%^&*() [​IMG][​IMG]

9. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm an average joe until I begin talking... sometimes I sound like a know-it-all, but that's the way I've been educated and it's hard not to sound like one.

10. I'm not femmy either but im the same way its always been me plus an onslaught of girls. Im a neat freak too so it must be a Virgo trait ^ ^

11. Kimi

Hmm...I guess I'm a...uh......normal guy?
    I don't know...I like shopping, going out, playing sports, talking to friends, and hang out on Empty Closets!!!
    My room is looks clean but if you take a closer look you'll get a idea that how long my room have not cleaned. And if you open the door to my closet...catastrophe!! I have clothes and socks and shoes and hat and other school supplies everywhere...you can't walk in there literally:icon_redf

My hair is short, My height is 175cm which is about 5'9", my weight is approximately 145lb now but I'm trying to put some muscles on and my target weight is around 155lb which is kinda long way:eusa_doh:

I have no idea what my clasification is so I just gonna let you guys decide:smilewave

12. ampthejazz

I like playing piano, guitar, ukulele, and singing. I play piano/drum/sing in a rock band, and I also do classical and some jazz piano. I guess I'm kinda the musician / artsy kind of guy. But I don't do the whole paint-stained pants, scarf, thick-framed glasses look.

13. I had glasses but they made me sick so i got contacts. I would definitely never do the paint-stained pants scarf etc

14. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At this point I just act like I want and I just assume everyone can tell I'm gay, and so when someone can't tell I find that very funny.

I am so definitely not butch. I wouldn't say I'm a screaming queen but if you had a scale that went between butch and femme, I would definitely lean towards the femme. Not because I'm girly but just because I don't try to be all manly. I talk with my hands a lot. *grin* And I don't move or occupy space in a straight guy kinda way. And the way I talk is not straight butch.

My interests are kinda all over. Like I like scifi and fantasy and collect comics (i.e. male nerd) but then I really like so-called "chick flicks" and movies in general, foreign films (i.e. GOOD films). But then I'll also devour teen films and horror/slasher and thrillers, the occasional action film... I like theatre and musicals but I don't make them the centre of my life. And I like a bunch of different TV shows but 1-hour dramas and NOT sitcoms. So yeah... I'm kinda eclectic. I like to think I defy expectations but hey, we probably all think we do that.

I find it interesting that the scale is so skewed. What I mean is that it seems to me that it's super-polarised when you look at the butch/masculine end... unless you're really clearly a "guy" then you get shoved into the "femmy" box, even if you looked at it objectively you could tell that a bunch of people who aren't necessarily "men's men" are not at all girly--they just don't walk around like they own the place.

I think a lot of it has to do with how we occupy space. Like for instance, my biggest pet peeve in that area: guys sitting on a bus. What is about most guys that they think their equipment is SO fucking big that they have to spread their legs SO wide that they take up 1.5, sometimes 2 fucking seats on the bus? I'm like, compensating much? Women, as a general rule, are less "greedy" when it comes to space--which is a much more civilised way to be. Dear Inconsiderate Men, I really don't think your junk is so big you need 2 seats to make room for it. Wishful thinking, perhaps?

I always make a point, when sitting next to such guys, to make sure I take up the full 1 seat I'm supposed to have to myself. They might want to take up more because they think it's their fucking god-given right to do so (the ignorant scum) but it's funny how uncomfortable they get when their legs are pressed up against another guys. :lol:

15. Blamblazer

Blamblazer Guest

I'm an eclectic like Joey. I read his post and nodded a lot! Total scifi geek who likes to build computers and for crying out loud I'm an applied biochemist (also read as pharmacist)! But, I like to go to theatre, watch all kinds of movies (literally every genre from romantic comedy to action films), and yet I love to interior decorate. I'm not terribly athletic and I don't play macho so I'm not butch. All of that said, I've never had anyone say that I was very femme -- actually, I'm quite masculine (and most people I've met would agree with that) even if I'm not a jock.

16. Daniel6

i used to play dolls with girls, gestured like girls when i was a kid. When i grow up, i have learned how to play sports, eliminate those feminine. Today, no one suspect i am gay though they know i haven't had girlfriends yet

17. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Im the angsty anarchist you see in the corner one minute, then the social 'popular' kid the next.

People have been trying to 'classify' me for years. I think the only one that stuck was the 'metero kid everyone can like'.

18. tired_of_lying411

How I would classify myself:
    The effeminate male friend of the semi-popular girls. :lol:

How everyone [seems] to classify me:
    The neutral arty kid who hangs with various people. What? he hasn't had a girlfriend yet? And 90% of his friends are girls? Hmm... does this mean something? ... Nope... guess not. *goes about business*

I dunno... maybe it's as painfully obvious to everyone else as it is to me, but if so, they aren't speaking up, really. Maybe they just don't care.

19. Jim1454

I have to agree that we come in all shapes, sizes, and personalities...

I've never been very good at or very interested in sports of any kind. Don't swear, spit, or scratch myself in public...

I don't have much fashion sense, have no decorating skills, don't enjoy musicals any more than the average person, and I'm not much of a movie buff.

I do love sports cars and boating.

I do love ABBA.

Finally - was married for 9 years and have two kids. Go figure.

So not your typical gay guy - if there is such a thing.

20. I love ABBA too!

Im non conformist too though, so usually if something is the social norm i wont be doing it

I do have a tiny bit of a gutter mouth though but i can usually keep it down in public hehe

Im also surprised no one in my school has connected the dots or at least wondered since 95% of my friend base is girls as well