1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"You're lying"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Greeley, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Greeley

Does anybody else hear this often? This might only apply to "masculine gays" or "feminine lesbians" but does anybody else get accused to "lying" about being gay/lesbian by the opposite sex?

I've had quite a few girls say this to me quite aggressively sometimes whilst i'm on a night out with straight mates....

Some girl would be wanting to dance with me and i start being polite and dancing with her too for fun and then it gets a little bit heated and i tell her kindly "You are very pretty but i'm batting for the same team as you" or some other way of saying it. And sometimes they don't get what i mean so i spell it out for them and say "i'm gay". Most of them do understand and just hug me and say bye and stuff but some are just like "Alright, you don't have to lie if you don't want me" and then probably tell me to fuck off or something and look all aggressively at me for the rest of the night...

I just don't understand why people would lie about that or get pissy about it? Just because i don't give off the "Gay" vibe doesn't mean i'm just making up some random shit because i don't want to take you home lol.

Anybody else ever get this?

2. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If they've thought that they haven't told me. I've certainly gotten some looks of utter shock, though.

If they continue to get to know me, however, it becomes pretty apparent when I will talk about attractive guys non-stop (especially if I've been drinking, which is often how I hang out these days :lol:slight_smile:.

3. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Some people just don't know how to handle rejection well. These women are probably used to attention from men, and when a guy comes along who isn't attracted to them whatsoever, it comes as a massive blow to their egos. Rather than facing the facts, they'd rather find fault in *you*. I've also heard of straight men being called gay for not returning interest before.

Anyway, being bisexual, there's never any shortage of doubt, judgment, and hostility from others. It's one reason I don't usually tell them, but would prefer for them to come to their own conclusions. If someone doesn't want to consider the possibility, they won't.

4. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    my cousin said I was lying when I told him I thought I was gay he asked me to prove it so I offered to wank him off I was 15 at the time he was 19 he chickened out thank god .

5. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was actually verbally abused by one girl, evidently drunk off her tits, when I ignored her sexual passes, and told her I was gay. I can't remember what she said exactly, because I was pretty drunk myself, but something along the lines of.. 'Fucking cunt, fuck off, drop dead'.

It was pretty funny actually. It's water off a ducks back as far as I'm concerned.

#5 imnotreallysure, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes I've been called a liar by the opposite sex, I've been also called a brat , a 12 year old , rebellious , a waste, a bitch , sick . By opposite sex.

7. AKTodd

Many years ago I came out to a rather conservative coworker and he told me I was lying and just trying to mess with his mind since I liked doing that to people. I replied that while I certainly did like playing mind games with people (still do, actually), in this case I was telling the truth. The mind game part was just a bonus:grin:

He then said something like 'But you can't be gay! You don't fit my stereotype!!'.

That was a fun day:badgrin:

Todd

8. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I always have this problem. If I try to tell people I'm gay most people think I'm joking or wrong about my sexuality. It makes me so pissed off so I avoid coming out to people. I guess I'll let them figure out my sexuality on their own.

9. Candace

I've never been told that I was "lying" per se, but people were in disbelief when I told them that I was gay. Like, the signs were really obvious. How could you have not known? haha

10. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    HAHA, somewhat.
    if i tell this to women in general, the first thought in their head is "what kind of guys he likes?". if it's guys on the other hand, of course their stupid reflexes would be " long as you don't flirt with me" or " NAHHHH you lying!". i did get that from my sis haha, she thought i was joking around but changed her mind when i was trying to get my phone in my friends pants......yea, it was a guy.

11. Hexagon

I haven't got time for this kind of person. If they tell me I'm lying, I'll just find someone else.

12. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

haha yeah these ppl were right let us turn in our gay badges they caught us

13. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I know a couple(by couple I mean one cx) bisexual girls who say that they are lesbians to avoid the guys who make advances towards her but she's bisexual. So because she lies about being a lesbian to avoid advances those girls think you are saying you're gay to avoid advances from that woman, for whatever reason.
    Hope I helped? Which I highly doubt.

14. Data

Data Guest

I've only had reactions of disbelief. Nobody has outright accused me of lying.

15. AlamoCity

I've had a guy friend stare at me in disbelief and question me repeatedly if I was really gay and others who questioned me, but I've never been called a liar, more like "you're kidding?!?!"

I also don't socialize often enough with women to make them think I'm interested in them. I've never been to a club or "real" bar (hotel bar doesn't count :lol:slight_smile: to socialize so I've never been hit on in those situations. If I deal with a woman in real life, she'll usually assume I'm either shy or gentlemanly.

16. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Happens all the time, or they just think if you have sex with them you'll want the opposite sex and can never go back.

17. LiquidSwords

One of my best friends didn't believe me straight away, thought I was joking or something, then I started crying and he realised I was being serious :icon_mrgr

18. Lipstick Leuger

How old are these people saying this? Obviously they are young, or insecure. Seriously, if someone told me I was lying about my sexuality, I would tell them to kiss my ass.

19. UsernamePending1

Vancouver[Mon-Fri]-Calgary[Sat-Sun], Canada
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I try my best not to lie, but I'm happy to say that the one time someone accused me of this, I was 100% not lying. If you still haven't figured it out, it was when I tried to come out! <3

20. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

I've had people misunderstand what I'm telling them, for example thinking I'm a MTF, but nobody ever said I was lying. I guess I'm very lucky.